Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Diplomatic by domination

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Different every time

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Horace

Likes to ski
This has probably been posted many times before but I havent seen it and I havent made a thread before.

How do you usually win games of civ? Do you usually win by 1 route alone?

It's good to focus on what win you want if it's cultural especially.
The others are sorta all up for grabbles if you just expand enough, eventually through warfare.

I tend to play 2 distinct ways.

1) is to have a focus and agenda for the whole game and play to maximise everything towards that goal - that will normally net me the type of victory I am after.

2) is to play just entirely for the fun of playing. This means I end up partially roleplaying my empire, responding to threats as they arise, pushing for culture at certain times, fighting wars at others and just generally playing a wider field game. This tends to mean that the only victory in sight towards the end of the game is the space race... which, with the additions to it in BtS, i find a very satisfying ending now.

I tend to go for whatever, but that seems to turn into Space Race vics a lot....

In previous games I always found space race the "banker" victory. So far in BTS (Ive not played more than 10 games) its generally been domination & culture.

I tend to take stock of how im doing around Guilds/Philosophy and then concentrate from there

I tend to, when I finish a game, win on Domi or Spacerace. Conq is also a possibility, but since you reach Domi before Conq, I usually stick to that.
I have never tried a cultural or diplo win yet. I tend to leave most of my games once the fun's over - when rifles or infantry comes around.

I usually try for domination or cultural. Space race and time victories feel a bit cheesy, and my few attempts at (real) diplomacy didn't go over so well.

Top Bottom