1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How long does your average Civ5 session take? +help

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by civiationloaded, Oct 15, 2019.

Tags:
?

Average Civ5 session time

1. 1h

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. 2h

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. 4h

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. 6h

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. 8h

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 10h

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. 12h+

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. civiationloaded

civiationloaded Chieftain

For me, I play for 10 hours straight. When you really get the territory you like and start building a civ, the concept of time just vanishes. I have an ergonomic mouse, a cool table and one of those pink gaming chairs with bunny ears that is ergonomic and as far as my physical health I think that I'm covered (or at least have done as much as possible to avoid having some medical issued because of long hour gaming).

However, I don't want to admit it to myself, but am I a bit obsessed with the Civ5? I mean, I don't play Call of Duty or WOW for 10 hours straight. I just want to check out how much you guys play per day? Is your average Civ5 session usually longer than with other strategy or FPS games?

Moderator Action: Edited your post to remove commercial link and inappropriate language. Posting commercial links is not allowed by site rules, please do not do it again. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2019
  2. tommytoxen

tommytoxen Warlord

anything between 6 hours and 14 hours. depends on how heavy my uni work load is.

when i was younger i'd play for up to 2 days at a time completely forgetting to sleep, no joke.

plus likes this.
  3. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

10 hours? I mean, I can't say I've never done it, but it's really rare. I usally do about 2.5-3.5 hour sessions on a weekend but sometimes I'll do two of them in a day. Any longer than that and my body gets sore... from sitting too long...

4. snoproblem

snoproblem Chieftain

I try to keep my sessions down to about 2 hours max, my laptop tends to heat up after a while, especially in the latter turns of a given game.

Does anybody keep a turn cap on their games? I keep mine capped at 500 turns.

5. Rasiel

Rasiel Chieftain

With friends, there were good old times when we were playing Civ for 2 days continuing to discuss game on breaks for sleep and eat and walks to grocery. So much fun

Alone I could play for 4 hours, I think

The "one more turn" feeling multiplies if there are multiple people :lol:

6. Elbow_Jobertski

Elbow_Jobertski Chieftain

As of now it is on most of the day. I'm at home, my job right now is made up of dealing with the occasional urgent issue, and I've a toddler.

So I now and then play a few turns. I had it off most of yesterday and all of today and on steam I'm still at 120 hours over the last two weeks. I've played about three games in that time small map quick speed.

7. RileyCoyote

RileyCoyote Chieftain

I dont think this is particularly strange. I pretty regularly have long sessions of civ 5 just so i can play a while to practice. So no i dont think your obsessed

8. billybgame

billybgame Prince

Seems when I was younger, and life was different, and the games were Civ 1 and Civ 2, I could put in marathon sessions. Easily more than 12 hours. Then with Civ 3, I started working a swing shift job, so Civ helped me stay up all night, to prep for my midnight shifts:) Civ 4 came out soon after, so that was way better at keeping me awake. I did 12+ hour sessions with Civ 4 so many times, not sure can recall it all. I just wish we had the hour keeper for Civ 4, like we do with 5. Got to be at least 10 times as many, and I'm up to 2500 hours now.

I think a better question for us here, is how many hours do you have with Civ 5 on Steam?

Anyhow, now my sessions usually are 2-6 hours. Sometimes longer, but I'm just early to bed, early to rise nowadays, with different responsibilities. So, less days I can a marathon session.

But, there are some sick days, etc....ya know.