How long is your average game? (hours)

Gumbolt

Phoenix Rising
I would of done a poll but not figured that bit out yet ;)

My last game was just over 6hrs on standard map with monarchy and 7 civs.

How long did your last game last?

w/ automated workers and governer i can finish a game in 3 hours
but now I'm starting to MM everything and that takes about 6 hours

Large Map, Normal speed, Continents, average game is about 20 hours before I lose. :)

Large map, marathon, continents at prince about 40 hrs. Never had a time victory though. Most always spaceship or the UN.

Average game...welll I've been playing my first one for 4 hours so far, and am at AD 1410

All you sissies! ;)
Huge maps, marathon speed; around SIXTY (60) hours, about 3 weeks per game. :D

If it goes much faster than that, I sort of feel cheated. To me, "civilization" shouldn't be an arcade game. Pondering, agonizing over diliemmas (and "mistakes"), and even micromanagement are part of the game.

Jaybe said:
All you sissies! ;)
Huge maps, marathon speed; around SIXTY (60) hours, about 3 weeks per game. :D

If it goes much faster than that, I sort of feel cheated. To me, "civilization" shouldn't be an arcade game. Pondering, agonizing over diliemmas (and "mistakes"), and even micromanagement are part of the game.

Agreed , but sixty hours to me is around 4 days playing time :)

Michelangelo said:
I'll join the 16-24 hour-group. On standard-size-normal speed. Getting quicker though. Although I leave the game running sometimes while not playing. This offcourse adds quickly to the playtime.
When you know you are going to be away from the game for several minutes, hit the Pause/Break key on your keyboard (pauses the game). I also press F11 (global view) so when I return to the game I won't forget that the game is paused.

My game run 6-8 hrs. using all defaults on ormal and epic speeds at noble level. I do some MM in the early game and city management throughout game.I prefer to get a game done a day.

So far my games tend to run between 8 - 10 hours, but I'm now playing Marathon and I expect that average to go up a bit. The only reason my games have been this quick, is that I'm a relatively new player and my skills are somewhat feeble. Time and play shall pave the way!

My "normal" speed games tended to last between 14 - 17 hours., but since i started playing "epic" they tend to go 20 - 25 hours

Lately I've been trying to really concentrate and think about all aspects of what I was doing, which resulted in 20-25 hours for normal, and 30-40 on epic.

Standard everything, continents, Noble games are generally 5-8 hours so I complete them in 2-3 days, or 1 weekend day.

Most small map games end in 3-4 hours.

I used to play longer games, but found that sometimes I would step away for too many days and lose interest in that particular game. The smaller and standard maps keep my attention through the whole game so I play them the most.

Top Bottom