How long should a Civ turn take?

How long does it take you to play a Civ6 turn on Standard speed in the mid-game?

• 0 to 3 minutes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • 4 to 6 minutes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 7 to 10 minutes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • > 10 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

StoicPhalanx

Chieftain
I'm used to the good old days of playing quick turns, managing a few things and moving on but with Civ6 + DLCs + updates I don't think I can do that anymore.

How long does everyone else take on their turns?

I've played on Online, Standard and Marathon speeds and the amount of decisions to make is becoming...overwhelming.

I've had many times where I built no wonders in a game because I had to backfill with more districts. Is that normal for Civ6?

Playing Marathon / huge maps / deity here. It really depends on the turn: "standard" will be less than 3 mins., but if there are some changes of policy cards, unit movement during a war or some hard decisions to make after checking the status of all my cities, I've had turns lasting 10 minutes each. Thankfully less for most turns though, since I need around 700 turns before winning one game...

Playing Marathon / huge maps / deity here. It really depends on the turn: "standard" will be less than 3 mins., but if there are some changes of policy cards, unit movement during a war or some hard decisions to make after checking the status of all my cities, I've had turns lasting 10 minutes each. Thankfully less for most turns though, since I need around 700 turns before winning one game...
That'd be like 100 hours for a game...ouch!

That'd be like 100 hours for a game...ouch!

That sounds about right, a game will usually last me a month with approx. 2 hours per week day and 10 hours per weekend...

Top Bottom