How many forummembers ...

If all different nationalities have their own super power, then it's also true for diffrent planets.

Earthlings: Can survive vogon poetry.

Vogons: Can invent stuff without thinking.

Magratheans: Can survive in millions of years in the same status.

If all different nationalities have their own super power, then it's also true for diffrent planets.

Earthlings: Can survive vogon poetry.

Vogons: Can invent stuff without thinking.

Magratheans: Can survive in millions of years in the same status.

Of course earthlings can survive vogon poetry as one of them has the worst poetry in the Universe

Now, what's next? - Lightbulb superpowers? :hmm:

Seriously, it's not that hard. I just changed a lightbulb. Now it works all fine. :)

:D This saved my day!

+ One Fifty (i.e. 50 members) to post about Obama's latest gaffe about light bulbs and people who change them.

_ .. does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

sad, but it's almost trueD

I agree lol: , but it went downhill after the anal rentative thing...

btw it's not forummembers, it is forum-members )

rotfl:

Oh so true!

I used to work in the forum-industry and it's actually posters.

)

No, a poster is what you hang on the wall, you don't hang forum members on the wall, do you?

Dont you have anything else to do exept think of these numbers and such? :otfl:just kidding, just kidding.

Dont you have anything else to do exept think of these numbers and such? :rtfl:just kidding, just kidding.

:ol: I'm busting a gut laughing! Sadly all what you posted is true... :rtfl:

This is quite true; forum-members share an obsession with their forums

That is what we do to banned posters.

"53 to flame the spell checkers"
Or one super moderator to official supress spelling police.

And by the way, I, contextually in the real estate business, also uses the terms 'lamp' and 'lamp holder' for light bulb and socket.

Funny and oh so true:lol: :oodjob:. I might even say that it beats how many dogs it takes to change a lightbulb.

Well, it only requires one dog, Lassie!

:ll: :ll: :lo:

Now if Lefty thinks it is funny it is funny.

Oficially.

Not sure about hanging posters, though.

1 forum member to say how do we do it in Portugal.

1 forum member to say how the byz did it and, BTW, saying that Cataphrats should be their UU...

39 to say byz don't have that.

3 to say: "Ok, but he has spoken of that horseys for much less..."

... And one member to report that the thread is [pam]

and finally 1 mod to close the thread.

where would Curt be?

And one forum member who wonders what a lightbulb is?

:ll: :ol: :ol:
....and 1 to say he doesn't believe in lightbulbs and it cannot be proven that the lightbulb existed in the first place!

Well lets see here.... the defination for forum is:

A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

The the Defination for member is:

A part of a plant

Then the defination for poster:

One that posts bills or notices.

:hm: So either we are a part of a plant and an expert.... or we post bills and notices....

Strider has misspelled definition three times.

:nosam:

I am a part of a plant, therefore I am a poster.

Expert needed to make me complete !

And countless posters to say just say :lo or:rotf
i'm serios i see countless of these kinds of replies

:lo:

Well....what else are you going to do when something's funny?)

lol:

good one

That's hysterical! :lol: Soooo true though. D :godjob:

:ol: :ll:

and one poster complaining about the predictability and general lameness of the other posters. )

:ll: :ol: :lol

and one succesfully (?) jacking the thread:

A nun asks the question: "How many Protestants does it change to change a light bulb?"

None, because they all live in eternal darkness.

Just to be ahead of those questioning the relevancy of changing lightbulbs in relation to this forum: it is relevant because without the lightbulb in this forum I would not be able to hit the right keys and probably post gibberish resulting in all sorts of holiday proposals by the mods.

Arrghh! It's back agian!

More poster stuipidity here!

Well, at least I'll be able to spam another post here.

Conversation between two dinosaurs:

Dinosaur #1: How many economists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Dinosaur #2: What is an economist?

D #1: A flunkie mathematician who tries to predict the population of kangaroos in Australia. But that's not important and dont ask what a kangaroo is.

D #2: I don't know. How many?

D #1: 10 economists and one grad student.
1 to make a model. 1 to run the regression. 1 to test the hypothesis. 1 to interpret the result. 1 to conclude on how to screw it on. 1 grad student to screw it on, and 5 economists trying to fight off the dinosaurs trying to eat them.

Moderator Action: Quit spamming.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I think the light bulb is just another tool used by our government to keep us totally dependant on electricity.

BTW: mee three :

attention:

i have just changed a lightbulb (or light bulb)

DOUBLE POST IGNORE

great post btw!

Darkshade does. mischief:

Do I have to wait six months? :ol:

Me Tarzan

And what if I'm six months late? mischief:

And for the sake of distraction...

Q: How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: A fish!

One hell of a bump.

But I had forgotten about this one. Still as funny as it was two and a half years ago!

what a giant bump, this thread was started 2.5 years ago.

EDIT: crosspost

I remember some of those posters that have gone quiet now...

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. You are sitting here making jokes about lightbulbs while children are starving in Africa and the glaciers are melting because of global warming.

:

You know, their would be a lot less global warming if we stoped useing lightbulbs and went back to not haveing artificial light. The Bible(which is the ultimate source of fact) says that even fire is evil. Even the heat of our bodies is damageing the earth which is why I am glad the rapture will be here soon. What a releif that will be. D

Beat me to it gripe:

Best bump evar.

Me too. :ischief:

Me too :ol:

Seriously, what is it?

And another forum to quote the entire thread and type: LOL

:

You're starving in Africa? :ek:

Me too! :

Me three! :

:lo That was good, and a bit suprising after I saw it was posted 2.5 years ago...

Awesome rik!

No no no!!! I have been involved in forums since I was yea-high and I know that it is perfectly acceptable to call them forum-members.

Great thread btw, and a great bump.

D

:rofl::otfl: sad but true.

How many psychologists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Only one
But
the lightbulb must be willing to change! :ll:

So I need to change the light-bulb in the dining room. Should I get 60W or 75W?

burn the place out with a 100w :

I'd like to point out that the OP is very optimistic about the debate not desending into a political or religious debate!

People who use 60W light bulbs are dirty hippie liberals who want the Islamofascists to win!

Does that work? :ischief:

very good :ll:

You forgot:
7 to argue that light bulb posts are spam.
12 to flame said posters.
3 mods to say its all right to post about lightbulbs as long as the conversation dose not turn into obvious spam.
1 to thank the mods for the clarification

I disagree. I have just returned from a yearlong fact finding mission to Asia (you can read my report from the trip here). Anyway, the appropriate terms are "forum persons" and "online community members."

Spoiler :
:rtfl:
everybody else is doin' it
:rotf:

o: You shouldn't use lightbulbs. They're not energy efficient.

What kind of definition did we agree on for "lightbulb" or "light bulb."

Where do spotlights, candles, lanterns, signal fires, and lighthouses fit in this definition?

Get one of those energy-saver bulbs: it'll cost more to buy but use less energy to run, saving the world and enabling you to rant about short-termism and the evils of the marketplace and corporate responisbility and so on. :D

67 posters post sarcastic things about the guy who fixed the 'bulb'.

FredLC could change a million light bulbs in three seconds.

I am probably doing those spamming things...

OK, this needws to be moved to Off-Topic, because it's not relevent, not funny

Do you have a sence for humour at all?

It's SENSE OF HUMOUR, not SENCE FOR HUMOUR.

PLZ im SWEDISH!!

Maybe my humor is to subtle...

I think Rik Meleet knows best.

Perhaps.

I did my share... I added to:

and:

Some people don't need to screw in a lightbulb! :smg:

:bump: I hereby claim this board breathing once more in the name of moctezuma II george washington, saladin, Mao,catherine, ramses II,etc.

I got caught up in a brib.... uh, educational trip with general electric, after some tough rounds of negotiations i have come to the conclusion that the lightbulb doesn't need to be changed unless it's replaced by a lightbulb from general electric Ultra-High-Definition Lightbulbs TM.

Violations of this guideline will be sanctioned by death, re-education camp, and then death again. :smug:

Top Bottom