How many have played this series since Civ 1?

When did you start to play Civilization?

• Civilization 1

Votes: 302 60.4%
  • Civilization 2

Votes: 100 20.0%
  • Call to Power-series

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Civilization 3

Votes: 56 11.2%
  • Civilization 4

Votes: 37 7.4%
  • I haven´t started yet, maybe with Civ 5!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Civ1 pc, Civ1 Super Nintendo, Civ 2 pc, CTP, CTP2, Civ 4, Warlords, BTS, Civ Rev DS & soon Civ 5.

Ah yes, Civ for the SNES. Interface sucked but it was enough to get me addicted to the series for life.

I remember thinking it was cool when my armies marched in front of the pyramids that I just captured. I do not however understood one thing about civ, why I always lost or what the mechanics of the game were. I just remember ducking hard and therefore I do not really have that fond memories of Civ I.

I only got hooked with Civ IV. It is the first one that was smooth enough for me to not get annoyed by the scale of the game, also it is the very first one where I can play competitively on the higher difficulty levels.

Played the hell outta Civ1. Skipped Civ2 cause I didn't have a machine that could play it. Played the hell outta Civ3, and I practically never turn Civ4 off. Also played C4C, if that counts.

I'm so excited. If this turns out to be an April Fools joke, I'm going to be so bummed.

I've played civ since the first game in 1991. I was 9 years old then and played exclusively on chieftain, poorly. :)
I remember surrounding my cities with militia and phalanxes to stop enemy units, guess I was using the 1upt way before its time.

I started with Civ1 which I had running on an XT, believe it or not. Pretty sure it was on a CGA monitor, too. Took about 45 minutes to do launch a game. It was worth the wait, though.

I've played civ since the first game in 1991. I was 9 years old then and played exclusively on chieftain, poorly. :)
I remember surrounding my cities with militia and phalanxes to stop enemy units, guess I was using the 1upt way before its time.

It's cause civ1 and 2 basically were 1upt. You could stack units, but only the best defender counted, ie if you had a phalanx with 50 chariots stacked underneath it, and a swordsman came and killed the phalanx, you lost the 50 chariots too.

A neat trick in civ2 was to surround your city with fighters, which could not be attacked by ground forces.

I first had Civilization on the Super Nintendo, when I got my first "real" computer later I got the Windows version of Civilization (same gameplay, somewhat improved graphics and resolution options). I never had any of the CTP games, and I never owned Civ2 (I used to borrow it from a friend at work).

I'm struggling to remember if I started playing Civ 2 a 6 or8

I was already playing Civ1 before an age I can really remember it... I was playing with my 4 years older brother... when I was 4 !!! And by my 6th birthday, in primary school, I used to stand up sometimes early in the morning to play half an hour or so before going to school... hehe, I still remember the first I found out the trick by myself to get from DOS to windows 3.1 and play civ... I was 5...

Let's see:

Civilization games:
Civilization - Amiga
Civilization II
Civilization II: Conflicts in Civilization
Civilization II: Fantastic Worlds
Civilization III
Civilization III: Play the World
Civilization III: Conquests
Civilization IV
Civilization IV: Warlords
Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword

Colonization games:
Colonization - Amiga
Civilization 4: Colonization

Spin-offs:
Civilization II: Test of Time
Civilization: Call to Power
Call to Power II
Alpha Centauri (no expansion unfortunately)
Galactic Civilizations
Galactic Civilizations: Altarian Prophecy
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords
Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar
Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor
Master of Magic
Master of Orion
Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares
Master of Orion III

Did I miss any (except civnet and revolutions)?

Did I miss any (except civnet and revolutions)?

There was Civilization II: Multiplayer Gold Edition too, basically FW + CiC with MP, or something like that.

There was Civilization II: Multiplayer Gold Edition too, basically FW + CiC with MP, or something like that.

My version might well have been that but I sold it almost decate ago so my memory of actual edition is fuzzy (I know I had the expansions, just not how I bought it or how they were sold in stores). Civ II is definately the game I played most in the series (must've been hundreds of hours, probably close to thousand or even more). :D Not even Civ4, while I consider it best in the series, can surpass it probably bacause I played Civ2 too much. :lol:

I got Call to Power and Civilization III, but was new to it and didn't know the choronology so I started with Civilization III. I've yet to play CtP, I've never seen any gameplay either...

I tried Civ1 but it didn't stick. It was not until Civ2 that I became obsessed. Even after Civ3 came out, I ended up going back to Civ2. That all changed when Civ4 came out, which is the best game I had ever played in 25 years of playing PC games.

First civ game was Civ1 on the Amiga.
Like 20 years ago I guess, argh im getting old.

Top Bottom