1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How many hours have you played Civ 5?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Chomes99, Jan 14, 2013.

1. gozpel

gozpel Couch-potato (fortified)

Almost 2500 hrs, but I have to play other games as well.

And work! :(

2. darkimpaler

darkimpaler Chieftain

About 230hours atm... but well up to last month I was also a WoW addict so, many hours spent there... and on the xbox... and with my fiancèe... and at work...

3. DrZ

DrZ Warlord

I'm around 500 hours now.

4. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

5. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

6500 hours of CivV?
    That's almost 271 days
    So you spent pretty close to 1/3 of all your time on Civ V since it was released in 2010 September

Not sure what to say, respect or condolences :mischief:

6. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Actually, that number might be a tad bit overinflated. Because opening Civ V and loading a game takes so long, I used to load my game and leave it open in the background. I’d then be able to play a few turns whenever I had a chance. “I just threw the burgers on the grill and they don’t need to be flipped for another 5 minutes, so I’ll play a few turns.” “I just flipped the burgers and they don’t need to be taken off for another 5 minutes, so I’ll play a few more turns.” Then when the rest of my family went to bed, I would sit at the computer and play in earnest.

When the first G&K patch came out, the fan on my graphics card burned out. I’m not sure if it was because the card was too old and couldn’t handle the increased needs, or because I was leaving the game open for days on end. Therefore I don’t do that anymore.

7. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

A mind boggling amount that could've been spent on studies.

But that would mean fewer interesting games

:think:

8. Stuie

Stuie Laudir Agus Mir

My wife didn't like all the burnt food coming off the grill, so I don't do that anymore.

9. Xger

Xger Prince

I have buch beat but I cannot top the 6500. I'm currently at ~3800 hours. However, similar to shag, I have left the game running, often overnight and even once on vacation, so it is inflated.
    When I finally stopped playing WoW my main character had almost 300 days, main alt had 150. I calculated that I had spent 1/3 of the time since release playing (or logged into) it.

10. Chomes99

Chomes99 Chieftain

I probably would have ended up burning my burgers if I did that. I tend to lose track of time when playing, even for "a few turns"

11. ArguCa

ArguCa Prince

115 hours. but played this game a few months without internet connection. probably around 150 hours.

12. dashwinner

dashwinner Prince

I try not to look at the number... it makes me feel guilty... then i fire up a new game and next thing i know its 2:30am in the morning, the gf passed out waiting for me and work the next day sucks with 4 hours of sleep...

then i go on this website to pass the time... haha i think i do have a problem

13. DOmar1990

DOmar1990 Warlord

14 hours... I bought the game on september 21 2010 at the very first day it was at store available. Disappointed in so many ways... the only thing I like about Civ V is the graphics and the politics system; out of that, Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword is far best than Civ V. I hate that I can't change the game's core and basics as easy as I did with Civ4 in order to make it more tolerable to play (since I cannot even pass classic era without getting bored and finish the game for not retake it)... I don't think it will pass to 15 hours until a good expansion alike Beyond the Sword for Civ 5 is released.

14. Teaf

Teaf Warlord

190 hours, bought it during Christmas and New Year... although I'm like shaglio in that I tend to load the game up and just take some turns now and again whilst keeping the game running. Actually played hours is probably more like 50 - 55.

15. SouljahAtWar

SouljahAtWar Wasteland Souljah

Get Gods and Kings, it's the Civ 5 equvilant of BTS.

16. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Probably in the 400s (Steam shows over 550 hours logged), and I do not understand how anyone could possibly have played for over 1000. Unless of course, you leave your computer on with Civ5 running in the background, but then that's "how many Steam hours do you have logged" not "how many hours have you played Civ5", which is what the thread is asking (though the OP does perhaps cloud the issue by saying that Steam shows you how long you've played the game for, when in most cases, particularly in a game you can tab in and out of, or walk away from, it doesn't).

Would modding count as 'playing'?

17. pspboy7

pspboy7 Prince

520 hours here. I don't play every day though. In fact I only recently got back into the game after I fixed my comp. Been enjoying it though. :D

18. omnishakira

omnishakira Warlord

19. Smokeybear

Smokeybear Emperor

20. todd_10

todd_10 Chieftain

Man, there is some big numbers up in here! I've played a grand total of 22 hours, after owning the game for just under a week. If it stays as addicitve as it seems first outing, then I'm in trouble.