How many hours have you played Civ5 (according to Steam)?

How many hours have you played Civ5 (according to Steam)?

• Under 20 hours - Beginner

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • 20-100 hours - Intermediate

Votes: 40 7.8%
  • 100-200 hours - Advanced

Votes: 79 15.4%
  • 200-400 hours - Veteran

Votes: 131 25.5%
  • 400-600 hours - Expert

Votes: 77 15.0%
  • 600-800 hours - Master

Votes: 40 7.8%
  • 800-1000 huors - Grandmaster

Votes: 28 5.5%
  • 1000 hours and above - Hopelessly Addicted

Votes: 107 20.9%

• Total voters
225.3 (70% of those hours logged have come since the new patches came about and since I got my new computer a few months ago.)

29 hours...

I recently got this game and played for the first time...so addictive...Probably will hit 100 hours in no time to join up with you guys.

115 or so. Played a little when it first came out, enough to know that it was 2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

Picked it up again this summer, now it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Definitely enjoying it, but already getting bored. Roughly 1/3 of the time played is spent waiting for turns... I've learned that my computer simply can't handle anything larger than small maps.

Lol.. 38 hours for me. I got it when it was released too.

The game just hasn't sucked me into it since Civ 2 / SMAC back in the day. Not sure why.

Last time I checked, which wasn't very long ago, I had 500 something hours logged on civ v. I haven't really played since then so it should be accurate. I wish I could find out how many hours I have played civ iv. I bet I would be a "grandmaster" even though I still play on nobel difficulty.

I have 730. I wish I could see how many thousands of hours I have put into cIV. :D

368 hours But i sometimes let the game stand on menu while i making dinner so...... Maybe you can scrap some hours

179hrs, with 106 achievements.
When ciV first came out, I started steam and enjoyed getting achievements... and when i got almost achievements other than bugged ones and grinding ones, steam winter sale started.

now I play other games from steam lol

The clock shows 2575 :) Which isn't that accurate, since I leave the game sometimes running for hours or overnight. But a lot for sure.

324, 200 of which has been since the last patch. i actually like the game now. YEA!!!

Over 9000 hours :eek: :eek: :crazyeye:

Haha but seriously, something like 150, and I've shared time with others.

467 - my friends bought me this game on my birthday and it is the most cost effective one in my life (note - in Poland on premiere day game cost 130 PLN, which is an about 35 Euro :3 )

The question is whether it's clock time in the game just like that, or whether it actually pauses the counter when you go to the menu with escape or when you're simply idle for an hour while having dinner. Somehow I fear it's just clock time in the game, which isn't very accurate.

The question is whether it's clock time in the game just like that, or whether it actually pauses the counter when you go to the menu with escape or when you're simply idle for an hour while having dinner. Somehow I fear it's just clock time in the game, which isn't very accurate.

It's clock time in the game. It'll keep counting up if you leave the game running but idle, even in the background. Which is why my number is so high - I play on my work computer.

"real" time is probably more like 1000 hours. (Honestly, if you play marathon/huge, you're going to get 100's of hours per game.)

wow you need to get out of your mothers basement every once in a while.;)

Why? If you are still living at your mother, you'll even get your meals in there :D.

But back to topic please :), the time.

I wonder if the sum of all the civ games together may exceed a year for some persons.

I missed this exchange. Cman, I'm a game programmer. (google me.) It's accepted practice to play a game while working, keeping it up in the background. Game programmers often have to "crunch" towards the end of projects (though we're trying to get away from that) so I'd commonly have the game up from 8:00AM to well past midnight. Only a fraction of that is actual playing time, but a lot of my work is waiting for asset processing. (ie, I can play while waiting for it to finish.)

We have really good machines. :)

On another note though, strategy games are good analytical exercise. I'd bet most serious players do very well for themselves in some technical field, if they're not still students. (With the occasional disreputable banker or lawyer types.)

Top Bottom