1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How many hours will your first session last?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by bhoffarth, Oct 20, 2005.

?

How long will your first session of Civ IV last?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2005.
  1. My first session will last for 1 hour or less.

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. My first session will last for 2 hours.

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. My first session will last for 3 hours.

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. My first session will last for 4 hours.

12 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. My first session will last for 5 hours.

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  6. My first session will last for 6 hours.

10 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. My first session will last for 7 hours.

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. My first session will last for more than 8 hours.

35 vote(s)
    40.2%
  1. tecknogyk

tecknogyk Chieftain

I've never anticipated any game like this before in my entire life. I've been looking at these forums every night after work; just itching for new information. Anything...and being dissapointed when I couldn't find anything new. Looking at screenshots over, and over, and over again. Just trying to pry that little tidbit that I missed and wishing it was release day. My wife thinks I'm nuts...lol. However, I can honestly say that no other game stays installed on my computer indefinitely. There really isn't anything that compares to a good game of civilization.

-teck

2. Zukatah

Zukatah Deathless One

Since my computer is in my room, in the basement and I don't have anything important to do until next Monday (god loves the mid term break), I'll play for AT LEAST 9 hours straight (I'll make a quick lunch to be ready to eat before leaving to pick up the game in order not to lose time to prepare it, it'll stand in front of my screen for when I feel hungry) but after that, I'll have to eat with the family and then I'll be set for another 12+ hours of Civ goodie. No way I'm going to sleep with that game, at least not the first night!

Even if I go to bed, I'll only think about Civ and won't be able to play anyway, I'm starting to know myself! And remember, sleep is overrated anyway!

3. Kellic

Kellic Chieftain

That depends. Does my session start when I take my lunch break at work to pick up Civ and start reading the manual until I get home to install and play it or does it start when I start playing the game? ;)
    The beauty of deploying a computer to a user. Setup takes time and during some of those package installs I’m sitting there twiddling my thumbs hmm Chapter 4..the rolls of religion. :D

I quite honestly haven't been this excited about a game since Wing Commander 3. (I'm a recovering flight sim junky.)

4. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

This poll assumes that my first session will actually end. But I guess if I pass out at the keyboard then that counts as ending, right?

Truthfully, my wife has offered to go away for the first weekend and take the kids with her! I am truly blessed; I feel like James Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life".

5. bhoffarth

bhoffarth Chieftain

Yes, I would assume that passing out at the keyboard constitutes an end to your first gaming session. However, that may be the best way to end it, because you won't realize that aren't playing until you wake up again...then you can just continue on from where you left off. This is another great aspect of playing a turn based game. :goodjob:

6. evil_linus

evil_linus Chieftain

My first session will last until I suffer a defeat, so humiliating that I wanna cry. And if that doesn't happen... well then, my first session will last for a couple of days or so.. :D

7. elderotter

elderotter Otter King

Amen to that it is being delivered to my door which usually happens in the afternoon, with pauses for dinner and neccesities, factoring in a bedtime of 11pm and that I usually average 6 hours/session when playing a game I totally like and a little extra the first time when I need to get used to the rules(or rule changes in this case). So 6-8 hours depending.

8. Darwin420

Darwin420 Darwin Plays Video Games

I'll probably install it the day I get it, but won't get a chance to play until that friday. My wife is working an overnight shift, so from 10pm friday until my son wakes up (usually around 6 or 7am) I will be glued to cIV! I've already bought some good coffee and stackers (high-energy boosting metabolizers) :twitch:. I'll be a zombie for the rest of the weekend, but it will be worth it! :goodjob:

9. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

Provding i'm not working teh day it comes, I reckon about 6 hours, maybe more. Probably intill I get dragged kicking and screaming from computer.

10. agoodfella

agoodfella Prince

I'll probably have a "quickie" first game just tooling around with the new features and getting comfortable with it before hunkering down for a proper first "real" throwdown... which will likely go for at least 3-5 hours

11. agoodfella

agoodfella Prince

double post...