How many people does a unit represent?

I guess there is no fun in that...for you.

Unfortunately, there's no logic in that as well. While the lore there are few depictions of battles, there're enough indicators that the large cities of Erebus are large cities, not scattered villages. And a country with large cities needs to have a large army, not 100-200 people total.

Logic? That's the problem right there. Civ is riddled with lapses in logic. We can dance around this topic and others but it's time to move on. :deadhorse: However, I'm sure you'll have to satisfy some need to get in the last word.

Peace.

This makes me think of my awesome dream of having a Total War version of Fall from Heaven. OR at least something with a tactical battle and real time or tactical fights.

And I've had large cities defended by just a couple hundred archers while my armies of thousands march off in different directions.

I would say that the vast majority of the population are civilians and retainers, and only in the early stages are any majority of them in military service. Those nations that would have a larger percentage military population would be Doviello and Hippus, due to their family culture. And I think game mechanics properly represent this.

Of course, the same could be said later on during a Bannor Crusade, but its only people truly called by their faith which spring from their villages and cities.

For the hippus, I imagine that they start out as mostly warrior tribesmen, and as they gain more land, the army becomes more than a mass group of civilian raiders and starts to form into a regular army, while the newly growing cities in a growing empire are filled with civilians that grow accostomed to a more peaceful way of life, and military service becomes more voluntary as opposed to cultural habit. As a unit gains experience it becomes more fierce, disciplined, and the unit expects only the best to join its ranks, and the training and regiments become more fierce for the unit. The high level units of 12 and up seem to me as the Navy seals, that do nothing but fight and have their family somewhere close to work. They are also the most honored in the lands and the most trusted of the ruler. (black ops, rainbow 6, ect)

Of course, my best unit is usually led by the highly charsimatic and warlike leader Alexander, who more often than not is the military governor of all military and colonist personell, the de-facto second in command to the head of state.

Logic? That's the problem right there. Civ is riddled with lapses in logic.

While FfH lore definitely has some contradictions and lapses in logic, which also clash with the gameplay implementation of some features as well, large armies and large cities are supported by it, while a civ consisting of extremely small settlements and a militiary force of 300 people total does contradict it.

If some logical contradictions exist in a certain medium, that shouldn't prevent using logic when analyzing it. The existence of logic contradictions in FfH lore and gameplay doesn't forbid me to say that Tasunke and Flauros really being long-lost brothers, who were separated from each other at birth by a Bannor woman named Maria-Junanita-Emiliana and Keelyn, who is really Sabathiel's daughter, is illogical and doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom