How this works

Are the forums secret or can teams look at other team's forums? I think that would make war difficult, if you were the aggressor (I'm assuming war can be waged)

Do i need to have BTS to play? i'm having some technical difficulties with my PC.
If you want to be a turn player, you'll need to have BTS. If not, you don't necessarily need it - in fact you don't even need Civ4 - because you'll still be able to discuss each move in your private forum. (The turn player should post screenshots and details so you can see everything going on even if you don't have the game.)

I think my question has been answered, but indulge me while I set the notion more firmly. If I want to play, I sign up for a team. Assuming the members accept me (for a game already started), I join them in discussing/voting upon the next move, in the team's thread. There is a protocol for loading the game under my Civ IV BtS and for watching its progress, but the "leader" actually makes the team's moves.

Is this essentially correct? ... Many thanks.

I think my question has been answered, but indulge me while I set the notion more firmly. If I want to play, I sign up for a team. Assuming the members accept me (for a game already started), I join them in discussing/voting upon the next move, in the team's thread. There is a protocol for loading the game under my Civ IV BtS and for watching its progress, but the "leader" actually makes the team's moves.

Is this essentially correct? ... Many thanks.
You've got it right. Although if you sign up for a team, it's very unlikely that anyone would refuse you (and they'd need a good reason for doing so). The main demogame itself hasn't started yet, so you'll be able to participate in the pre-game discussion with your team (e.g. which game settings, what leader to pick), and then once the game starts (a couple of weeks from now), you'll be able to discuss/vote on the next move each turn. The exact structure varies slightly from team to team, so have a read of the first post of each team's thread to get a feeling for which one might suit you best. Some teams vary the turnplayer; some teams keep the same turnplayer for a set number of turns. Some teams are more into discussing strategy, while others are more into role playing. Pick whichever one feels right for you. :)

Thank you, Lord Parkin. You have just supplied another reason why I have requested to join your Team Sirius.

Top Bottom