How this works

Arakhor

Dremora Courtier
Super Moderator
Supporter
This is probably a stupid question, but I've never been in one of these before, so I actually have no idea how it works! Can someone enlighten me?

It's not a stupid question at all. Let me take a shot at a brief explanation.

You and a team of volunteers run a Civ. You face off on a map against other teams doing the same and see who can build/govern the best country. The basic idea is that you and a bunch of people (team-mates) are like the government for a Civ. It is essentially a regular game of Civ 4, except that instead of one player deciding the actions each turn (where to move warriors, workers, where to build cities, what to tech etc.), you have a whole team of folks who are deciding, discussing, voting on each turns actions. However, how your experience will go, depends a lot on who is on your team. So the first thing you could do is look through the team threads and pick a team that you would like to join. Reading The Team threads will also give you some more explanation about what the game will be like.:)

I thought the last one was alot of fun and I would highly recommend it to anyone. :goodjob:

I'll have to try it out :D

Have we already started? How do you choose a team or do you get choosen?

Have we already started? How do you choose a team or do you get choosen?
You pick a team to sign up for from the sticky threads labled "Team ...." You just post in the thread that you want to join that particular team. I suggest reading the first post in each Team thread to find out what the team will be like before signing up.:)

Right now we have the following teams stickied:
1. TEAM Quatronia
2. Team Sirius
3. Team AMAZON
4. Team MAVERICKS

Also there is a proposal for a 5th team, so you could also post in that thread that you are interested in joining the 5th team.
And there is a thread for "Team X" which could actually be a 6th team but I am not sure if that thread is finished or what:confused:

Finally, you could start your own team:D. We have mostly talked about playing with 4 teams, but I don't think anyone is opposed to more, as long as we end up with an even number.

Have fun choosing your team:goodjob:

And there is a thread for "Team X" which could actually be a 6th team but I am not sure if that thread is finished or what:confused:

Even if he did make that a team, I really doubt its going to get that many players. I could be on the team, but I'd rather not. Granted, this is assuming I'm correct in what he's searching for.

Hi, im also completely new to this type of game... I think it sounds very interesting though. When will the game start (if it has been announced), and how is it gonna work? sorry for the noob questions :p

Hi, im also completely new to this type of game... I think it sounds very interesting though. When will the game start (if it has been announced), and how is it gonna work? sorry for the noob questions :p

Well the map hasn't been started (don't ask me why we have an announcement). And each team is different, before you sign up look at each team and see which one is best for you. I suggest team AMAZON :D.

I would expect the actual game to begin sometime in early April. Team discussions (on game settings, civ choices, etc) should begin within a couple of days. :)

I would expect the actual game to begin sometime in early April. Team discussions (on game settings, civ choices, etc) should begin within a couple of days. :)

No pun intended, but here is everything done in next couple of days;), I'm kind of eager to kick off this whole thing as soon as possible.

Me too, me too. Once private forums are up and running it should be fine though. That's the one thing holding us back at the moment. After that, there'll be much more room for discussion, and the start of the game should follow fairly neatly. ;)

They say from where I come from: From your lips to God's ears (I hope it's not going to lose meaning by translation).

Well the map hasn't been started (don't ask me why we have an announcement). And each team is different, before you sign up look at each team and see which one is best for you. I suggest team AMAZON :D.

Thanks for the invite :D seems really nice!
What is it going to be like? are everyone looking at the same game with some of the team members taking turns? and at what time of the day is it played approximately? (im danish, so i'm a couple of hours ahead of the US)
help appreciated:cool:

Thanks for the invite :D seems really nice!
What is it going to be like? are everyone looking at the same game with some of the team members taking turns? and at what time of the day is it played approximately? (im danish, so i'm a couple of hours ahead of the US)
help appreciated:cool:

It will vary when turns are played. I'm pretty sure we have a European that might do some turn playing. I am a little confused by your first question, yes everyone is looking at the same game, but I'm confused about people taking turns. Do you mean playing turns or something else. I can answer your question once I get what you mean. :)

It will vary when turns are played. I'm pretty sure we have a European that might do some turn playing. I am a little confused by your first question, yes everyone is looking at the same game, but I'm confused about people taking turns. Do you mean playing turns or something else. I can answer your question once I get what you mean. :)

:p ok sorry, my bad - are some of the team members playing turns while other team members are chatting, making decisions and following the team's progress?

Are civs decided yet are we going to do random or let teams choose for themselves which civ they want to be?

Are civs decided yet are we going to do random or let teams choose for themselves which civ they want to be?

The teams will decide this on there own private threads.

Top Bottom