HOW TO: Add custom Sounds

Ok, having a little trouble here.

Followed the guide, changed the AS2D and all of the XML looks good. But, when I play the game, my diplomacy music never plays. Any common mess ups and solutions?

Do this tutorial work on modular Civs?

Isn't it possible just to turn of the music switching when zooming or selecting a city, so I can just use the custom music folder?

This is a great tutorial, but I have a question about custom audio for units.

It's nice now that I can give my unit custom Order and Select sounds, but where are the attack voices and sounds linked to the units? I see files and definitions in the base game in AudioDefines and 2D and 3D - for instance, AxmnAttkVox. It's obviously attached to the axeman, but for some reason, it isn't linked to the unit in ArtDefines. Just where is it linked to the unit?

WOW! So useful! Thanks!:D

Seems like nobody cares for what happens in this thread. Anyway, I will try to get an answer here, because I have no more ideas to solve my problem. My problem is, that I wanted to add unit sounds to one of my mods. I've already done this to an other mod, so I am actually familiar with how this works. So if I add all necessary files and change them like it has been described here, there is no sound in the whole game (I mean even the main menu is mute!). I found out, after creating a log file, that no file has been loaded that is related to Audio. And if I delete the AudioDefines.xml everything is working again... (well instead of hearing a sound when slecting a unit I get an error, but this is normal in this case; however, I hear sound in the main menu) So it has to be because of this file. But I checked all my files for typing mistake several times, so I have no clue about what the problem could be. Further informations about this case, including xml listing, can be found here.

Strategyonly found out what caused my problem:

It is important that you put your <SoundData> entry at the end after the last <SoundData> entry of your file (SND_TUTORIAL_COMPLETE_0 by default). Don't add it as first entry!

I have another question, if someone in the know is reading... this tutorial seems to describe how to change the in-game sounds for a nation when you're playing that nation.

What settings determine the music when you're speaking to an AI of that nation, or zooming in on one of their cities?

Question: Why can't I find Stalin's diplomacy entry in either Civ IV/Warlords or BtS? I wish to give him the USSR national anthem.

Yes the WAV sounds are in 22500mhz Wav format. the Hertz seems to matter. I use Wavpad to edit /convert sound files and there is kind of a learning curve to using this software, not for the casual user. I just monkeyed with it and got it to do what I wanted, and managed the results thru trial and error. Hope this helps.

Hi
I make a program for civ4 here is the details →Foro civ4
If you want help to do something automated write me an email Moderator Action: Email address removed, not a good idea to have it public ;). The_J

Top Bottom