How to allow artillery sinking ships?

I'm glad this issue is being addressed, as this has always been a pet peeve of mine with an otherwise terrific game. Planes and artillery kill things... I always thought it was silly that these units could injure other units but couldn't finish the job, when in reality this happens all of the time.

As far as lethal artillery unbalancing the game and making the units too powerful... artillery and cannons are powerful and do a great deal of damage. The built-in downside is they are hard to maneuver and can be captured and turned against you.

I hope this is made the standard rule for the new patch and can be toggled off or modified if people choose. Nice work, Firaxis.

Personally I dont like the idea of "lethal" artillery. Game would be too straightforward. Artillery has enough power already.

One thing i like to see is some way to pick what age to start in like modern age or industial age. I hate starting off in 4000 B.C. :p

P.S. you got to love that modern warfare:D :soldier: [plasma] :tank:

I am an idiot. So please forgive me.

I have read the posts and I think that some of my questions have been answered but would like to make abosulutely certain that I have the correct impression.

1. As it currently is when a Catapult (for Example) attacks an enemy unit it can deal damage but cannot kill the unit, correct?
And the putropse of the patch is to fix this, thus allowing a bomber to kill a unit?

2. I think that there should be a ground unit that can attack Aircraft. Such a unit could be a Flack Cannon/Gun/Tank or something to that effect.

3. Another thing is that I woudl like for there to be some way that the Swordsmen and Longbow men upgrade to something useful.

4. Why doesn't the Submarine upgrade to The Nuclear Submarine? Once I can build the Nuclear Submarines I never build the old submarines. As far as I know the nuclear ones move futher and can be loaded with nukes.

5. Is there a way to add a new age say like, The Future age or Techno age? It Really doesn't matter what it is called as long as there is another one.

6. I have played Cvilization for 1 year and 3 months or so. Starting with Civ 2 gold Multi and I have played Colonization and Civ 1. At college none could beat me at Civ 2 and I always built all of the wonders and had my science for individual cities in the 800's, without any cheats at all. Why is that with Civ 3 I have to play on Warlord? Shouldn't I be playing on Diety like everyone else here? Is it because I can only play one game every week or two? I am I just stupid or do I just suck? What am I missing?

7. When is this path coming out? Soon? I check with Civ-Fanatics.Com and Civ 3.Com everyday, but I never see it or any news about it. Has it been forgotten?

8. Please come out with multi-player as I am eager to kick my friends' asses. (They have never played Civilization untill I introduced them to it and they are addicted. Great job on Civ 3!)

Sorry for the long post.

Oh, and god took MY name.

Top Bottom