How to create a freshwater lake with the worldbuilder ?

onedreamer

Dragon
As per topic, anyone knows ? I once succeeded in doing it but I have no idea how could it happen.

I just put in coast... What's your problem?

(might be wrong forum)

I believe when you put water in land (as long as its not touching the coast) it will automatically become freshwater. Freshwater sources that aren't touching the ocean have no way of getting salt. ;)

IIRC:

<= 9 tiles of inland water makes freshwater. Anything bigger makes normal water. To check, turn on tile yields in the main game before attempting to make one. As soon as the tile yields in your lake drop to 1F2C instead of 2F2C, you've crossed the barrier into saltwater.

problem is it doesn't always work. Sometimes it won't be fresh water
edit: thanks Gooblah, that must be it.

nope, it won't always work as I have already stated a couple of times.
Also, I double checked and that time I succeeded it wasn't 9 tiles far from sea, so this is not the discriminant.

no it doesnt need to be nine tiles away from the sea. it needs to have less than ten tiles in total. and is inland from the sea. (not ten tiles away from the sea).

no it doesnt need to be nine tiles away from the sea. it needs to have less than ten tiles in total. and is inland from the sea. (not ten tiles away from the sea).

That's what I meant, sorry for any confusion. :D

Top Bottom