How to get 50 civs?

DMOC

Mathematician
I recall reading somewhere in the BtS thread about this that the 18 civ limit has expanded to 50. However, I cannot do so in my standard games after downloading the unofficial patch -- is there another, separate link which allows up to 50 civs? My computer can definitely handle the performance hit.

The standard dll of the unofficial patch only allows to play with 18 civ, like all the official dll. Solver has posted here a link to a 50 civ dll. It is the same as the v 0.19 of his unofficial patch with only the max number of civ changed from 18 to 50.

You need a DLL modified for 50 civs. Solver posted one based on 0.19 in his old patch thread. I've also included this DLL as an option in the installer linked in my sig.

edit: curse you, bjam! :mad: ;)

I suppose it should be mentioned here how to change the amount of civs. It's in the file CvDefines.h, where it says

Code:
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS

Changing the number following that is sufficient.

I must be doing somethign wrong as I cannot get 50 civs in a custom game.

Solver, I checked the CvDefines file and there is no number that follows the #define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS. The word "else" follows that line.

Actually, I'm not even sure if I downloaded version .19 right. Is there a way I can confirm that I have it installed?

I went about changing that particular file in both the Civ 4 and BtS CvGameCoreDLL to no avail, i also installed the patch with the installer and checked the option for 50 civ limit.

When creating a custom game i am still unfortunatley limited to 18 civs.

Any ideas on where i am going wrong?

You have to modify the file "CvDefines.h" located in the directory 'CvGameCoreDLL' (there is one directory with this name for each extension, so use the one that is the BTS subdirectory), then compile all the .h and .cpp files and replace the file "CvGameCoreDLL.dll" that is in the 'Assets' directory.

(Note: Don't quote me on the next part as I'm really not sure of what I'm talking about ;))
I think that you can use Code Block to compile the new dll. For more information on this, ask in this forum.

Edit: However, the easiest way to get 50 civs is to install the official 3.17 patch, then on top of it the unofficial one made by Solver, then replace the dll in Solver's patch by the one that is in this post. It is much more simple than recompiling anything.

I went about changing that particular file in both the Civ 4 and BtS CvGameCoreDLL to no avail, i also installed the patch with the installer and checked the option for 50 civ limit.

Odd, just gave this a quick test and using the installer and choosing "custom game" works for me in allowing more than 18 civs. :confused:

Did you solve the problem by now?

Anyone know why upon installing the 50 civ version of the patch all custom maps/scenarios crash?

Whether using 8, 15, 30 or more civs the game never loads and just crashing to windows with the generic report this error to Microsoft. However random maps work fine with any number of civs.

Top Bottom