1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get optimal map spread in FoR

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by stebbinsd, Oct 14, 2015.

1. stebbinsd

stebbinsd Chieftain

I'm currently using the "Full of Resources" map script mod found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=151629

There used to be a time, before my clean install, when I had a saved map script that allowed me to have resources on every tile. Water tiles 1 or 2 tiles away from land would have water resources (either seafood, whales, or oil), and I would have a steady supply of gold, copper, iron, and food at my starting position. Every tile beyond my SIP would have resources too, but they would be spread.

I had to do a clean install, and I lost that saved script.

can somebody send me a map script that meets the following criteria:

- Start on the coast
    - Every tile either has a resource, or is a floodplain.
    - If it's not a floodplain, the land tile has to have a forest for me or the AI to chop. And that's not just in my starting zone; it has to be EVERY land tile.
    - Iron, Copper, and Gold are the most prevalent land resources.
    - Fish are the most prevalent sea resources.
    - Though not prevalent, every other resource is found in sufficient quantities for every civ to have one.

Anyone have a map script they can either send to me, or tell me how to do it again?

2. Testhero

Testhero Warlord

you could try the save games in the awesome starts thread