How to make the 4GB patch work correctly

lead341

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

I have read in the forum that if you apply this 4gb patch to the Civ exe it might delay (not solve) this terrible engine bug that causes combat animations to disappear gradually. Currently I am playing on a large map with big battles and I have to restart the game even during a single round (many battles happening) in order to get the animations and effects back - this is driving me nuts. So I was hoping that by applying this 4Gb patch it would delay this to happen and I could play a longer time until the animations disappear again.

The problem is that after I applied it to the CivilizationBE_DX11.exe and attempted to start the game like that, I get the Steam Error message "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Sid Meier`s Civilization: Beyond Earth. Error Code (41).

What can I do to avoid this?

I do love this wonderful game, but with this bug it just isn´t fun anymore if you have to restart all the time.

Cheers,

lead

When I look at my unaltered copy of CivilizationBE_DX11.exe using a PE inspection tool (PE Explorer, CFF Explorer, etc), I see that the flag to handle larger address space (>2GB) is already set.

So unless the patch you're referring to does something other than that, it isn't going to change anything anyway.

Top Bottom