How to play civ 4 on windows 10

I know, but like I am running out of ideas here. Nothing really explains why the game should be working but lagging. A bad installation would by necessity mean it won't work at all and a good one would mean it would work flawlessly barring hardware issues.

By the way how is your hardware working in general? Have you been having any other problems?

I have the game on steam as well and it lags on there the only thing i can think of is maybe lower the screen resolution i have'nt tried that yet

I’m on steam as well and no lag

I have hi rez graphics but basically all animations turned off and no mods

Hope that helps

Hi guys, I am here cuz my husband’s birthday is coming and i know he used to be a huge Civilization fan (I know he prefers the old versions of the game).

Since we have a PC running windows 10 I wish to know one thing :

If I install Steam on our computer and buy “Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition”, will it be enough to run the game? On Sid meiers website it says that the game requires Windows XP, but will installing Steam make it compatible?

Thanks for your help!!

Kim

Can you guys confirm that if I buy “Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition”, from STEAM I will be able to run the game on Windows 10 without having to tweak anything or apply any patch?

Can you guys confirm that if I buy “Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition”, from STEAM I will be able to run the game on Windows 10 without having to tweak anything or apply any patch?
The only thing you need to do is, within Steam, opt into the beta version of Beyond the Sword.

Apologies for necroing this post. It seems like the best bet to get answers.

I came upon my old Civ IV CD box and tried to run it, but to no avail. Did the compatibility settings - started with Win 7 and even tried Vista SP 1 and 2 - yet I couldn't reanimate the corpse. Running a rig that runs all manners of AAA games without a problem and at max graphics settings. Was there some update to Win 11 that prevents it from running entirely now?

Install issues: my best answer is to buy the Steam version. After years of attempting other methods, it's the only way it reliably works, not just for the one-time install, but for future installations as well. It's really just a question if you really want to play civ4 more than you value 25 €.

Regarding lag, I never had any issues apart from turns taking a bit longer as turns progress. I can't tell exactly why Civ4 runs lag-free for me, but all my Civ4 computers over the years shared two components: Intel processors & Nvidia Graphics cards.

Apologies for necroing this post. It seems like the best bet to get answers.

I came upon my old Civ IV CD box and tried to run it, but to no avail. Did the compatibility settings - started with Win 7 and even tried Vista SP 1 and 2 - yet I couldn't reanimate the corpse. Running a rig that runs all manners of AAA games without a problem and at max graphics settings. Was there some update to Win 11 that prevents it from running entirely now?
You can load Civ IV from the CD but you can't run it because starting with Windows 10, and with updates to earlier versions of Windows after Windows 10 was issued, the copy protection function that checks the CD to be sure it is legit was removed because it allowed a back door to hackers. If you have Beyond The Sword (BTS) on the CD, you can run the last patch for it which will remove the copy protection check, allowing you to run Civ IV BTS. If you want to run original Civ IV or Civ IV Warlords you will need to get one of the online versions. Personally, I use GOG because I do not like Steam meddling with my computer. GOG will let you download a version that you can run offline, like the CD used to let you do.

Top Bottom