How to remove this function from the latest EUI

ttiba

Chieftain
Hi, i've been trying for hours but my beginners skills cannot help me to remove the following feature from the famous EUI :
  • InGame: unit move range is displayed (blue highlight) as soon as unit is selected
I've tried to tweak the core file InGame.lua with no significant result, at this point i don't know if it's a feature that can be very easily disabled, or is vital to EUI and cannot be removed. Am i looking at the wrong file ? Please help

Which version are you using?
I tweaked EUI 1.29a myself and on my version the movement highligt is only displayed while holding right mouse button (to move the unit) (same for the red attack range).
I will attach my InGame.lua from the EUI mod here. You can use it if you are using EUI 1.29a. If you are using a newer version, you should first compare the InGame.lua from the newer version to 1.29a and maybe merge the changes into my version. Here you can download original 1.29a: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/civ5-enhanced-user-interface.24303/history
You can search the attached InGame.lua for "serp" to see the changes I made.

edit: Who is the admin of this forum?!!? There are no lua "code"-tags and users are not allowed to attach lua files ?!?! Wtf is wrong with htis forum?!
I attached a txt file now, rename it to lua to use it directly...

Attachments

• InGame.txt
    61.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Thanks a lot for you help, you solved my issue.

I am using the latest version (v1.29i) but the 1.29i's InGame file is very similar to yours. I compared both versions and, thanks to your comments in the code, i have been able to easily merge your changes into my 1.29i. It also solved an issue i didn't write about, which is when you attack with a ranged unit that can attack twice, EUI can be buggy but with your changes, no more bug.

Top Bottom