How to slowdown workers?

Gen. Maximus

Warlord
Another slow down question from me :D

Need to slowdown workers by 2x. I don't want my beautiful forest be chopped down recklessly too fast....
Where can i find the code for that in the xml files?
Is there global variable? Will also like to know location of individual worker action time taken to complete particular task. Thx.

There are two different ways to do this.

1> In the <Builds> table, each build action has a completion time. A normal worker completes 100 units per turn on Standard speed, so if a build action's cost is 600, it'd take six turns to complete. So you can change the costs of each action you want to take, but that's not as easy as it might sound for some things. For instance, clearing a forest is a Build action, but the auto-clear of a forest when placing an improvement on a resource is handled through a separate mechanism in a lower table (and has its own cost variable, which by default is the same as the base action).

2> Each worker that can complete worker actions, like the Worker, has the <WorkRate> variable in its Units table entry. Most of these are set to 100, for obvious reasons, but in my own mod I'd created a half-dozen or so additional worker-ish units with varying work rates, some higher and some lower than 100. So if you just want every single Worker action to take exactly twice as long, just update that value to 50 (or use an SQL command to divide all existing ones by 2.0, so that you don't have to track down every single one.)

Also you can change all build times globally using BuildPercent in GameSpeeds.

thanks for the kind responses

There are two different ways to do this.

1> In the <Builds> table, each build action has a completion time. A normal worker completes 100 units per turn on Standard speed, so if a build action's cost is 600, it'd take six turns to complete. So you can change the costs of each action you want to take, but that's not as easy as it might sound for some things.

Which xml filename i should edit to modify cost of each worker action seperately? Not sure where is <Builds> table...

Which xml filename i should edit to modify cost of each worker action seperately?

You shouldn't be editing the XML files at all. Learn how to make an actual mod (Kael's guide over in the Reference forum should get you started), and then all you need is to use the right Update syntax.

You shouldn't be editing the XML files at all. Learn how to make an actual mod (Kael's guide over in the Reference forum should get you started), and then all you need is to use the right Update syntax.

I am not updating xml files directly, I am using Modbuddy and using <update> commands. But I need to know where the line of code look like to modify cost of each worker action seperately. If you can tell me, it is much appreciated.

ah, got it! :D

Top Bottom