How to use Great Merchant Marcus Licinius Crassus?

Happiness

Chieftain
His ability is to annex a tile into your territory, assigning it to your nearest city.

If the tile is more than 3 tiles away from your city center, could it still be worked by your city?

Could you annex a tile that already belongs to another civ?

What if the tile has a Wonder, does the owner transfer the Wonder (and all its benefits) to you?

Could the ability be used on the capital/city center of another civ?

Last edited:
I normally end up keeping him for a long time in case there is a really important resource hiding out on the fourth hex from a city such a oil. A couple times I’ve used him to grab a lux if forward settled but he would be op if he could do any of those.

Yea, I used to keep him around. Now I just burn him.

The b----- of it is, the other GMs there are very good for their cost, and I usually end up buying him just to get past him so I can grab the next. But even if you use him on 3rd tiles, he's a net loss.

The most precious and valuable merchant.
Just use him to occupy a non-food harvestable resource or forest, and chop/harvest that resource is good enough.

The most precious and valuable merchant.
Just use him to occupy a non-food harvestable resource or forest, and chop/harvest that resource is good enough.

100%.
Here's a screenshot from T138 SV. Allowed me to reach 2 forests and a dear (500+ production chops).
cras.png

Top Bottom