How to win deity in 1 turn on Brave New World

Stiflex

Chieftain
Here's how you do it.

Link to video.

Looking for a civilization 5 brave new world deity guide? Well, this video basically shows you how to win on deity, it's not so much a guide as an exploit, I'm using no cheats or mods or any third party software, all of this is already in the game and it hasn't yet been fixed. So, all you scrubs better grab the deity win achievement before it's patched! Though it's not breaking the game in any way, it honestly does no harm whatsoever so I can't see this getting fixed... ever.

Link to video if the player doesn't work: https://youtu.be/kZNl9V3Cpc8

I've never understood why people go to these efforts to cheat achievements. If you want them that badly, you can just use a third party tool to unlock them all (or whichever ones you are struggling with).

I've never understood why people go to these efforts to cheat achievements. If you want them that badly, you can just use a third party tool to unlock them all (or whichever ones you are struggling with).
I kind of agree, cheating for the achievement is more or less pointless. What really annoys me is that I can't unlock achievements when I play with mods. There are many achievements where I have genuinely met the requirements but just haven't unlocked them because I use mods, that's somewhat annoying.

Mods are, in a way, cheating. The game can't really value what the mod does in terms of game-play, so it safe to assume that mods will make things easier, and not let players earn achievements while having them active. Otherwise you can use mods like IGE to quickly earn most achievements.

I kind of agree, cheating for the achievement is more or less pointless. What really annoys me is that I can't unlock achievements when I play with mods.

Playing with MODS is cheating.

haha that is so cheeky! :) Thanks for sharing. How did you come across that one? trial and error?

You can use the multiplayer trick to put your mods into a dlc modpack and then earn achievements when playing with them.

I already asked in the respective thread, but got no answer. Maybe you would know this:

Is it possible to make a modpack of the Ingame Editor Mod? I don't think it's just a DLC mod, but that would change my life completely.

I play Civ with my friends from time to time and most of them have less than 100 hours played, I would absolutely love to just put some good Natural Wonders next to them or add a few Wheats and Cows to the capital, then save the map and the next time we play pull it out for a big surprise.

Mods are, in a way, cheating. The game can't really value what the mod does in terms of game-play, so it safe to assume that mods will make things easier, and not let players earn achievements while having them active. Otherwise you can use mods like IGE to quickly earn most achievements.
And so what? If I want to cheat to get the achievements, we all know there are plenty of ways to cheat to get achievements as things are, so that's sort of a moot point. Thing is many of us like to play with mods, not because we want to cheat, not because we want to make the game easier, but because we want to make the game better - and cutting us off from achievements is just pointless.

I already asked in the respective thread, but got no answer. Maybe you would know this:

Is it possible to make a modpack of the Ingame Editor Mod? I don't think it's just a DLC mod, but that would change my life completely.

I play Civ with my friends from time to time and most of them have less than 100 hours played, I would absolutely love to just put some good Natural Wonders next to them or add a few Wheats and Cows to the capital, then save the map and the next time we play pull it out for a big surprise.

I don't know what the limitations are, you can always try it but when it comes to multiplayer I suspect IGE to create synchronisation issues (assuming you can even make it work as a DLC).

and cutting us off from achievements is just pointless.
Strictly speaking, that is correct, since there are multiple ways to hack the achievements, and the developers only closed the one loophole. OTOH, mods would be the most obvious way to hack the achievements, so the one loophole they closed is probably the most blatant and obvious one. So I can understand their reasoning, and respect their choice, even as I disagree with it.

You can use the multiplayer trick to put your mods into a dlc modpack and then earn achievements when playing with them.
That's actually a great piece of advice!

lol, this is funny. It sounds like this works even better if you play the Shoshone, as you get all the tiles for free.

Of course, you still know in your heart that you didn't really beat diety, but if it works for you, then this works for you.

If you're concerned about the "legitimacy" of your victory, and 30 turns isn't too much, you could just play the Korea scenario as Korea.

If you're concerned about the "legitimacy" of your victory, and 30 turns isn't too much, you could just play the Korea scenario as Korea.
Really? I've tried it and it's not 30 turns, care to explain how?

lol, this is funny. It sounds like this works even better if you play the Shoshone, as you get all the tiles for free.

Of course, you still know in your heart that you didn't really beat diety, but if it works for you, then this works for you.
Yes, you in reality haven't beaten deity even if you have the achievement to show off. The idea is that you "won", you've outsmarted the game essentially.

For real. If you just want the achievement I think it's more satisfying and still pretty easy to stack the map settings and play a real game.

For instance:

Duel-Pangaea-Mongols. even on Deity that's a win, just get the battering rams.
Jaguar rushes can work too but you have to be fast

Really? I've tried it and it's not 30 turns, care to explain how?

I exaggerated a bit, it was actually 35 turns, but this was my first try. I think I just spammed hwach'as first and held the line at Seoul. I lost 5 cities before starting to take them back. You can see the composition of the army I had in the end in this screenshot, if it's any help (I built too many turtle ships)

Edit: Oh, and social policy wise, IIRC I took liberty to cheaper social policies and commerce to +3 production in coastal cities, then finishing liberty. With workers, prioritize production tiles. Same with citizen management.

Top Bottom