How would you handle this start?

isau

Deity
Rolled this as Lautaro. Note I'm using mods, so a few things aren't as usual. Just wondering how you would handle this start. Is this a case for Lady of the Reeds and leaving the swamps in place? Or is this a case for clearing the swamps with Magnus in place and getting a huge population? Or both?

upload_2018-3-3_9-17-59.png

Probably settle in place or on the marsh north of the river. This is a pretty bad start, both of your luxuries are 3 tiles out and in tundra, so placing another city down there is unlikely. I would just load another start.

Settle in Place, Builder first while teching Mining, get a mine on the two grass hills and quarry the stone.

I'd say your Swamp pantheon idea is better than chopping them: 3/1 tiles are better than farms, need no Builder charges and food choppng is pretty low value to begin with.

Is there a wonder to the left or did you change crabs a bit?
I would also settle in place
Maybe not the greatest place for those luxeries for France but otherwise it is pretty good start
God of harvest could be good

Settle on planes hill on coast. That start has low production and a bunch of useless food tiles that you dont need, plains hill will double early production. Your going to waste a lot of time at your pop cap and charges clearing those marshes.

You also have access to a 4 yield tile right away, hopefull to the south theres another mountain you can grab a +2 campus. Theres a 4 food tile that you can upgrade to a 5 food in your second ring as well. Crabs also means +3 harbor. You also get access to that forest for a chop, if you can get a plaza there you can maybe get a +3 campus.

SIP just means your city will hit the cap faster. You can mine those hills, bit thats early charges you don't want to waste. Its going to be a pretty low production city either way.

Edit:also if you plaza the forest you can get a +4 harbor or a +3 hub on the other side of the river.

Top Bottom