Votes: 9 9.0%
  • It's fine, but I have problems reading the text/icons

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • It's not ok, but I'll try and get used to it

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Don't like it, I wish they applied some polish

Votes: 46 46.0%

• Total voters
Using this UI is like peeling a really smelly onion, where the inner half has been somehow hollowed out.

Maybe I am missing something, but did they really remove a way to see what the city has just built? It appears to be a major issue in my games.

They did, apparently it wasn't considered useful.

I don't mind the icons, They remind me of SMAC which is certainly what the devs were going for. The UI took me some time to get used to, but overall it's not that bad. I actually like the minimalistic sci-fi look, but there needs to be a bit more info.
For example, they shoul add a column similar to the intrigue meter to show how many trade routes are available and in use in every city.

They really should be using colour. Especially in the tech web - it's impossible to recognize what's a building, an improvement, a new yield, a unit, or a wonder from a glance, and it makes it frustrating to find anything unless you know its name. Good luck finding that one health building you need without hovering over all the icons.

The icons are okay-ish. What I'd really like to see is additional info on them.
Is this a building or a wonder? The curved vs. edged top isn't really all that distinguishable.
Is it restricted to a certain affinity level? Just place a small affinity icon (if possible with the affinity tier number) in one corner and we are good.

:scan:

Also, when choosing virtues, the difference in brightness between already chosen, selectable, and out of reach policies, is almost identical. Lots of trial and error to figure out what I can do next!

Howcome I can't sort by what a trade route will benefit me? BNW did it. I have to look at every trade route now to see which one will make me the most money. It's stupid things like this that really lower people's first impressions.

Firaxis, if you want a great response to your launch then stop withholding information from the player in every single game you make. Things like this is what gives your games a bad first impression.

The UI is okay.

I miss a demographics screen, the info of what a city just built and also when you steal a tech I would like to see the info screen on the tech and hear the tech quote like when you research it yourself (now you only get a tiny notification).

Top Bottom