Huge European map (107x87)

Damn Aussie´s stole our uranium top spot! :) But still I like to make a reservation on the subject since only a small portion of our old mountains has been tested. Since we are a peacfull people we dont even look for uranium, we have so much of it that its just popping out of the earth.

Ha! Uranium mountains. I wonder if our two countries will have problems in the future because of our abundance of uranium. At least its not oil.

So many people are against utilizing uranium as a resource, and of using the vast emptiness of australia to dispose of used fuel rods. But we could command top dollar for both new and used uranium, fund so many public programs, infrastructure, monuments, libraries, etc. Free education and health care anyone?

Just something i had to get off my chest. Its a good map.

i downloaded the map and the mod
but when i start the game it only has 10 civs...even if i go to custom game it does not let me add....is there a way to add civs on the world builder?? cos i really like to play this european map...but 10 civs will suck..i need 18
hehe
thxs

This map looks awesome. I downloading the version with the 18 European civs in their starting locations. I like how you used rainfall to determine what would be grassland and what would be plains. I always have a hard time figuring out what should be what, but your choices seemed perfect. I really like this map. :D

Edit: I also agree with your choice to cut off parts of northern scandanavia in order to include north africa, egypt, and middle east. Although both are somewhat important to Europe, the medit. sea and the surrounding land-masses have had a longer amount of time to be important to European history. Also, if Europe is partially defined by the European Union, then parts of the middle east and north africa may one day be considered part of Europe because in the future they may join the EU. Also, isn't northern scandanavia a bit underpopulated due to the terrain? Most of scandanavia's productive territory is still included in this map. Granted, some oil-rich and uranium-rich areas are cut off, but you only need one oil source and one uranium source anyways, whereas you can never have too much arable land.

luchofeio said:
i downloaded the map and the mod
but when i start the game it only has 10 civs...even if i go to custom game it does not let me add....is there a way to add civs on the world builder?? cos i really like to play this european map...but 10 civs will suck..i need 18
hehe
thxs

quote, the mod don't add civs...

after dl'ing the file with the map and mod included, where do i put it or extract it to play with the added civs from the mod?

I have made a Warlord version of this map with 15 civs. Added Ottomans, Carthages, Vikings, Celts. Added also the Mongols, not at historical place but somewhere in the east, and gave them some ressources.
Hope you have fun with it.

Attachments

• HugeEuro15Civs.zip
    45.1 KB · Views: 512
Anatolia suggestions (note: I didn't download the map, and I can't see the resources in the forum. If it is already there, ignore my suggestion)

Central Anatolia - no desert, no forest, all plains, 2wheats, 1sugar, sheep at northmost and southmost parts of these plains.
Move the lake in the middle of those deserts to 2 tiles east and change it and the tile north of it to desert (that is a very dense salt lake, nothing lives in it)
The lake on a river, east of all those deserts should not exist in ancient times - that is the reservoir of a hydro-plant.
3 tiles E, 1 tile S of the reservoir - horse
6 tiles E of the reservoir - iron
2 tiles SE of iron - copper

Istanbul - move city one square to the left, add clam on the south, fish on the north
Thrace - plains north of Marmara sea has wheat and rice
Middle of the southern coast of Marmara sea - marble
Go east from Istanbul...the first coastal square north of that latitude has coal.
The delta of the river 3 tiles east of Istanbul - corn
5 tiles south of Istanul - coal
2 tiles SE of that coal - marble

Blacksea - many fish (I suggest 1 in the middle, 2 or 3 in the east, in addition to 1 north of Istanbul)
Northmost point of the Blacksea coast - copper
Every mountain square in the eastern Black Sea Coast - forest
Among those, mountain aligned with the eastmost point of the blacksea has copper
1 or 2 tiles inland from the southernmost point of blacksea - gold

Grasslands north of the eastmost corner of the Mediterranean sea - corn
Along Mediterranean coast - fruits everywhere (a little bit of bananas too, but mostly other fruits)

Hills and Mountains of the east - 1 cow and 2 sheep

West Upper Mesopotamia - spice
East Upper Mesopotamia - cotton

Stone everywhere

what the... do I not have something better to do?

I think the map borders are fine, although it could shift a little to the north.

Southern border: this is the tough one - if you don't care about Egypt you can cut upto 8 rows, but if you do you should have another 8 rows or more. Of course wasting so much map space into the Sahara just for the sake of giving one or two more cities to Egypt feels inefficient, so I vote for cutting from the bottom.

Northern border: we could have a few more rows there. The way it is, some significant and very European cities like Bergen, Helsinki, and even StPetersburg are falling of the edge of the map.

Eastern border: Some Europeans never learn... Europe doesnt just mean the EU, Geographical definition includes everything west of Urals. By that account we need to add over a dozen columns to the east. But yeah, that would be adding too much of the infinite plains of Russia. I think it is fine where it is. And I like the idea of starting the Mongols there to represent Tatars (or if we want to talk in BC years, Scythians).

Ok, I talk too much - that is because I am trying not to go back to work - well this is enough for now. The only thing I forgot to say is: Your map is really cool, congradulations, nice work.

Tweedledee said:
I have made a Warlord version of this map with 15 civs. Added Ottomans, Carthages, Vikings, Celts. Added also the Mongols, not at historical place but somewhere in the east, and gave them some ressources.
Hope you have fun with it.

There is an error in this map. There are no copper, iron, and horses(and probably aluminium, uranium and other ressources that you can see by discovering certain technologies). i was playing with carthage and these ressources are missing , and i checked all north africa.

Great map!!! Would love to use this in a Europe 1400ad and on setting. Would need to add Portugal with maybe the Caravel as a UU since there's really no oceans to speak of on the map and Austria with maybe Grenadier as a UU? I've always wondered why they added longbowman as a universal unit when it was only deployed by the English. Maybe it could be Englands UU on this map and the Redcoat could be say a Fuisilier, a bridge between the first gunpowder unit musketman (really an arqubusier) and true bayonnet armed musket infantry? Hey maybe add bayonnet as a tech? Also change Romes UU to the Cho-Ko-Nu to represent Italian mercenaries or Condottieri. I suppose the Dutch or sorry Hollanders should be aded as well but I don't see any UU's in the game that replace the pikeman. Just some of my thoughts.

Hey, i was wondering if someone could do a 'clean' version of this map, or tell me how to do it myself.

Thanks, and Great map :goodjob:

windows encountered errors and shut down on three of my games so far. I love this map and it's probably crashing due to my crappy system. Just thought I'd report it.

Uncopain could you make your map available only with civ4 and warlords civilizations?
With warlords there should be room for 13 civs:
-spanish
-french
-english
-rome
-vikings
-german
-carthage
-egyptian
-arabs
-celts
-russian
-greeks
-turks

hi
is it possible to make all civs accesible?f.e.-i would like to load a mod,then play it on this map.

Top Bottom