huge map size

DrwHem

Prince
is this map size smaller than normal? i remember playing normal fall from heaven 2 on a larger map than what i saw in this mod.

I'm not sure, but it does seem like maps with both x and y wrapping feel a lot smaller.

dose anyone know how to increase the size of a map? i want to play on a 24 player sized map i downloaded but i dont know how to use that in this mod. is there a way i could set it up to play as a scenario at least? i cant stand playing on such a small looking map.

You must have quite a gaming rig there to support that type of game. I play on the Huge Fantasy Realm map (seems the same as in FFH to me) that is toroidal with 12 civs and I have real issues in the later game when the map is filled - Memory Allocation Failures and a long time between turns. And, I have a pretty decent machine.

(seems the same as in FFH to me)

Aye - it is the same. There's nothing we've done that will change the size of the map generated by any given map script - any map changes we've made are applied afterwards (whether it be rearranging the start locations amongst players or the lizard terrain mechanics - neither should effect the map size).

you have any plans on making a slightly larger map? one that could hold 24 civs? i never play more than 20 but i like having a world of empires instead of smaller countries. the default huge map only allows ~6 cities per civ if you have 18 civs.
in rise of mankind 2 they have a 32 player gigantic size map that dwarfs this map.

I copied the code from Rise of Mankind to FF CIV4WorldInfo.xml and added the two more necessary lines. It works fine. Sad that my laptop can't run it smoothly.

Code:
		<WorldInfo>
			<Type>WORLDSIZE_GIGANTIC</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_WORLD_GIGANTIC</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_WORLD_GIGANTIC_HELP</Help>
			<iDefaultPlayers>24</iDefaultPlayers>
			<iUnitNameModifier>0</iUnitNameModifier>
			<iTargetNumCities>10</iTargetNumCities>
			<iNumFreeBuildingBonuses>9</iNumFreeBuildingBonuses>
			<iBuildingClassPrereqModifier>140</iBuildingClassPrereqModifier>
			<iMaxConscriptModifier>125</iMaxConscriptModifier>
			<iWarWearinessModifier>-85</iWarWearinessModifier>
			<iGridWidth>50</iGridWidth>
			<iGridHeight>30</iGridHeight>
			<iTerrainGrainChange>1</iTerrainGrainChange>
			<iFeatureGrainChange>1</iFeatureGrainChange>
			<iResearchPercent>250</iResearchPercent>
			<iTradeProfitPercent>10</iTradeProfitPercent>
			<iDistanceMaintenancePercent>175</iDistanceMaintenancePercent>
			<iNumCitiesMaintenancePercent>10</iNumCitiesMaintenancePercent>
			<iColonyMaintenancePercent>30</iColonyMaintenancePercent>
			<iCorporationMaintenancePercent>50</iCorporationMaintenancePercent>
			<iNumCitiesAnarchyPercent>4</iNumCitiesAnarchyPercent>
			<iAdvancedStartPointsMod>140</iAdvancedStartPointsMod>
			<iMaxCitiesMod>4</iMaxCitiesMod>
			<iUniqueFeatureChance>20</iUniqueFeatureChance>
		</WorldInfo>

Notes:
1 <iMaxCitiesMod> modifies the number of cities a sprawling leader (aka Cardith Lorda) can build. 4 gives you 2 cities more than a Huge map. I personally use 12 for it.
2 <iUniqueFeatureChance> Well it has to do with the unique features obviously. I do not know whether a high number increases or decreases the chances.
3 It will not show neat text unless you add text key entries. The name of the size in map creation screen is TXT_KEY_WORLD_GIGANTIC for example.

thanks ill try that out soon.

now did you add the entire rom file by just copy and paste the whole thing or what?

Yeah I copied and pasted it from RoM. But aside from the last two lines <iMaxCitiesMod> and <iUniqueFeatureChance>, which don't exist in RoM, the default world sizes are identical. (huge, tiny etc.) I see nothing wrong in that XML, but since it runs so sluggishly for me I barely tested it.

Top Bottom