Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Hulfgar the Japanese Navy Jet Bomber and Early jet Fighter dont have models and cause a crash

Hi all

a bug fix for the Modpack Artfiles (version 9)

This version will correct the display for the Japanese Early Jet Fighter and the Navy Jet Bomber.

This version is required for the Industrial Edition and Complete Edition.
Download is highly recommended : the bug leads to crash!

Thanks to Sonihi for pointing it out.

I've had a very strange situation that I can't explain. I had the Industrial edition installed using the fantastic stand alone installer, I had it playing nicely with CIV IV diplomatic mod, IGE and extended religion options. Playing away, prbably the best Civ experience ever.
Then I fired up Civ one day and it crashed, frozen screen as soon as the game started. I did everything recommended to clean out the install, re-installed all mods etc and spent the next few days trying out every combination of mod, finally stripping out overything except Industrial edition and the relevant art pack. No luck, always freezes at the start of the game requiring a hard re-boot.
I can't for the life of me understand what's going on. Has there been a patch for Civ V that I missed or something?

hello Eddiet,

have you tried to validate the Civ5 files? sometime they become corrupted.

Yes, I do that each time I clean out the mod. After another day experimenting though I'm beginning to wonder if this is a Windows 10 issue, basically CIV seems to be broken since I upgraded.

I would say It most definitely is Win 10, I do beta testing for Microsoft and they are shunting me new versions all the time unfortunately the new uptakers of the OS were/are the Guinea pigs for Microsoft to see how prolific the bugs are in there manifestations, If you haven't done already about the only thing you could do is run civ5 in compatibility mode with admin privileges

I would say It most definitely is Win 10, I do beta testing for Microsoft and they are shunting me new versions all the time unfortunately the new uptakers of the OS were/are the Guinea pigs for Microsoft to see how prolific the bugs are in there manifestations, If you haven't done already about the only thing you could do is run civ5 in compatibility mode with admin privileges

Thanks for that, will give it a try.

After many days testing on Windows 10 and with no success in getting the mod to play nicely I decided to fire up a Windows 7 machine. After installing all the mods I had on the Windows 10 set up. The result? Works first time.
I have come to the conclusion that there are issues with Windows 10 and Civ mods. I have no idea what they are but there are definitely problems.

I have come to the conclusion that there are issues with Windows 10 and Civ mods.
Strange, I did the migration to Win 10 and I have no issue so far.
But of course this means nothing, maybe you just have a driver that needs an update for win10 ?

Win 10 will be buggy for another year yet, which is why they are giving it away free until July 29, 2016 after that you'll have to pay for it. Also if you have got win 10, microsoft is using your PC to help uploaded to other computers without your knowledge, sort of like a torrent running in the background that you know nothing about, to switch it off you have to go here"Start menu"then "settings" then "update and security" in the first list on the right will be "windows update " scroll to the bottom of that page until you see "advanced setting" In the advanced settings window click on "choose how windows updates are delivered" and take the tick out of "PC's on my local network and PC's on the internet" I would highly recommend you do apart from not informing anyone they were doing this it can slow your PC down and if your on capped data it will start chewing through it

Strange, I did the migration to Win 10 and I have no issue so far.
But of course this means nothing, maybe you just have a driver that needs an update for win10 ?

No, I'm very careful to have latest drivers. I suppose one thing it could be is that it's a Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 rather than a clean install. But this was a machine that everything worked fine together before the upgrade.
Anyway, I am now happy again being able to play the best Civ mod ever!

No, I'm very careful to have latest drivers. I suppose one thing it could be is that it's a Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 rather than a clean install. But this was a machine that everything worked fine together before the upgrade.
Anyway, I am now happy again being able to play the best Civ mod ever!

I use windows 7 ultimate on my gaming pc works like a dream I also have windows 10 on 2 other PC's and windws 8.1 on another PC but I find ya can't go wrong on win 7 gaming wise that is

Wow thanks for this insight Onmy,

it's really time I try again to use Ubuntu, I hate the way Microsoft do things with each new Windows version!!! At least they could display a nice big warning about this while the installation, because as you say some people are capped on the amount of data they can send or receive!

Hello everybody! Hopefully everybody had a good summer!

So far new versions working great! Only real complain i have is upgrade path for units. This is the only part of the mod i feel isn't right, for example artillery upgrades. I suggest polishing up the upgrade tree Hulfgar, if you have the time of course :)

PS it seems the cruiser doesn't upgrade to missle cruiser. Another faulty upgrade path.

Also, could you show which policy trees are required for wonder right in their description? Not sure if this is already in plasce, but last time i dont remember this being the case.

Also I find AI still spams mobile AA A LOT and its really annoying cause, well they cant take cities or attack. They're just really hard to kill. And again, havent played in a while so i dont know if this is still the case, but ai was able to load planes onto cruisers. Player was also able to do this.

Hello Grishnikov_007 :)

Also, could you show which policy trees are required for wonder right in their description? Not sure if this is already in plase, but last time i remember this being the case.

yes it should be in place since the last version.

it seems the cruiser doesn't upgrade to missle cruiser.

thanks I will correct it.

for example artillery upgrades.
can you explain more? :)

Has anyone tried the JF leaders / civilizations with the mod? They seem to introduce new units so I'm skeptical.

Has anyone tried the JF leaders / civilizations with the mod? They seem to introduce new units so I'm skeptical.

I haven't tried JF's leaders or civ's but I doubt they would meld to well as Hulfgars mods change the tech tree quite extensively.

hello eddiet,

as long as JF hasn't changed the tech tree there is should be no big problem.

BUT : you can encounter some balance issues : new units that should require the new resources of my mod will not have this requirement and thus have a light advantage vs the units from my mod.

Top Bottom