Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

MaxCheng95 I tried your savegame and I have the same crash.

I found some error logs in my lua.log file pointing to the mods CSD and InfoAddict.
I will see if I can find the reason for those errors.

Could make me some fresh logs to see if yours are the same as mine.
As it seems your log function is not activated (your lua.log file is almost empty).

To enable logging :

go in : Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ and open config.ini

- Inside this file,
- at the start of the file enable the fire tuner to connect to the game.
Change EnableTuner = 0 in EnableTuner = 1

- search for "LoggingEnabled = 0" and set that to 1

- Enable the Game Database Validation by setting 'ValidateGameDatabase = 1' in config.ini

Good afternoon Hulfgar,

I am trying to play your mod, but the game just locks up on loading. I am using Windows 10 and the latest Civ 5 with all DLC from steam.

I tried using the Onmy6 installer. That didn't work. Then I tried updating the to Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles v 10 from an earlier link.

Any other ideas of how I can troubleshoot this ? Here is what my MODS folder looks like, it is hard for me to tell if I have the correct version of everything. I am trying to do the version which allows for play in modern age.

I fixed it. I ran CivilizationV_DX11.exe as administrator and that seemed to do it.

Do I have the latest versions of the mods? It would be great if someone could confirm this.

OK - Now I am trying to configure it so me and my bro can play it multiplayer. I put the folders into the DLC folder, but I can't select it as a DLC option, and just starting the game does nothing. Below is what my folder looks like... is this correct ? What should I do differently ?

hello bullyellis,

glad you fixed it!

the latest version of the mod is HulfgarsModpack CE beta 3 (v 10) but if you can wait until tomorrow I will release HulfgarsModpack CE beta 1 (v 11) along with a multiplayer modpack.

hello bullyellis,

glad you fixed it!

the latest version of the mod is HulfgarsModpack CE beta 3 (v 10) but if you can wait until tomorrow I will release HulfgarsModpack CE beta 1 (v 11) along with a multiplayer modpack.

Hey Hulfgar ! Thanks for replying. Can you take a look at my DLC folder and suggest what I am doing wrong ?

NEW !!! Version 11b1 of the Complete Edition updated 13/11/2015

Changes in 11b1 :

Rebalance the cost of the technologies :
until the Modern Era the total amount of science required to complete an Era should be the same as in the vanilla tech tree.

Ammunition factory : cost 50% less to build, gives 10 ammunition instead of 15.

Merged Barbarian Immersion in the mod (Barbarian Immersion is from Leugi with corrections from Serp).

When a Civ has discovered Cannon Foundry any Palisade or Motte and Bailey Castle will be removed from its cities.
When a Civ has discovered Rifling any wall will be removed from its cities.
When a Civ has discovered Rifling any Castle will be removed from its cities and replaced by a version without defense bonus.
Add the City Fortification has defense building. Available with Ballistics.

Cruiser will upgrade as Missile Cruiser
Increased the cost for all Carriers
Carrier maximal number is now 6 per player.

Land unit defense penalty vs bombers down to 50%

Fixed AA battery skin changed for Sharick's Flak 88, converted by Wolfdog

The Complete Edition ver 11b1 requires Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles v11 and Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles Modern v6

Nice update. I think the science cost re-balancing is a good idea.

I have a two other suggestions, since you said you didn't mind. I have tried to confine myself to those which (I think) could be coded without too much hassle.

1. Bombers kill population and destroy buildings in cities. (this has been done in the Super Power mod)

2. Bombers and missiles can be used against airfields and tile improvements. (if I remember correctly, this was done in a previous civ game)

By the way, you wouldn't mind me mentioning the ideas I've laid out to you elsewhere, would you? I'm just curious what others would think of them.

Does anyone know of any confirmed working TSL earth map / mods that will work when using this and creating an mplayer mod pack ?

Edit: I got Europe with Capitals to work, but the true start location mechanic does not. It starts you in a capital, but not your specific capital. For example, it started me near Persia as England? Anyone have any advice, Jesus I want to play a TSL multiplayer so bad.

EDIT: Figured it out, you need to use .lua maps, not anything that requires checking a scenario box.

hello Ferris Bueller,

1. Bombers kill population and destroy buildings in cities. (this has been done in the Super Power mod)
thanks for the tip, I will have have a look into it.

2. Bombers and missiles can be used against airfields and tile improvements. (if I remember correctly, this was done in a previous civ game)
This was done in Civ4, has been a major request for Civ5 but I doubt it's possible or Whoward&co would have already done it .

By the way, you wouldn't mind me mentioning the ideas I've laid out to you elsewhere, would you? I'm just curious what others would think of them.
Of course you can! your ideas are yours and others may be able to find a way to implement them :)

Thanks for the log files MaxCheng95

Hello again Hulfgar,

So… I've tried several games again and it turns out tue problem came from InfoAddict indeed. I've made a new game after the mod update last night and I couldn't even load it up this afternoon. The game crashed right before it finished loading. I checked the Lua.Log right afterwards and the last line of the log reads "dequeuing demographics". Which I already assumed it was InfoAddict.

So I tried making another game today, this time without InfoAddict. I couldn't believe how that dramaticly solved the problem. I used to start having random crashes starting around 110 turns and eventually crashes on fix spot or simply can't load up starting 130. Now I'm in 147th turn and it ran without a single crash.

I'll continue on and let's see if I can pass 200 without problem. :)

Hello Hulfgar,

I have yet another idea which I thought was worth mentioning-supply lines. The way this works is units occupy (for supply purposes) the tiles they move over. If they move over tiles in such a way that an enemy unit cannot trace a path to a friendly city without going over an occupied tile, the unit is out of supply. It cannot heal and has a combat penalty so long as it stays out of supply. This has been done in the R.E.D. WW2 mod.

In addition, going back to my first ideas, the R.E.D. mod has a system of material necessary to heal units which is very similar to the increased war costs concept I mentioned earlier, although I did not know of it at the time. Basically, material must be stockpiled, and the way it can be produced is by setting cities to working it. This concept and mine are so similar that my (admittedly amateur) guess is whole sections of code, such as AI programming, could be copied from it.

Finally, regarding my quality units idea, the thought just occurred to me-there is already something in the game which works kind of like it-the natural wonders Fountain of Youth and Mt. Kilimanjaro. Both of these grant special abilities to units which have moved in their vicinity. My idea is to have a new building, "elite training center," or perhaps a national wonder, grant some kind of special ability or promotion (extra promotions, all promotions made more effective, new promotions, whatever works best) to newly produced units in the city which stay in the city for several turns after they have finished production. Obviously, it would be different from the above natural wonders because the latter grant promotions instantaneously, but my thought is perhaps they could provide a model.

I also had a question-do you think the variant in which the values of gold and culture acquisition are the same as in base BNW will be ready soon? Please understand, I am not in any way trying to rush you, if the answer is no its fine. The reason I'm asking is I've just finished a game and if it would be ready in the next few days, I would wait to until then to start the next one.

Hello Ferris Bueller,

I also had a question-do you think the variant in which the values of gold and culture acquisition are the same as in base BNW will be ready soon?

I think that you can safely start a new game. I will work on it but I lack the time to do it correctly for now.

The WW2 mod as a very good supply line system indeed.
Your ideas about supply lines and a higher cost of war interest me, but again it will not be for a near futur because I need some time to find out how I will implement them. But it's not forgotten.

why is the military academy is a wonder and each city generate medical supplies ( playing BNW industrial vr )

hello SBY1999,

why is the military academy is a wonder
Because I see it as a West Point or Saint Cyr, US and France's military academies.
I don't know if other countries have an "elite" military academy but there is usually only one per country and it makes more sense than to one in each city.

why each city generate medical supplies
Medical supplies (3 units) are gained from the Palace, if you have medical supplies from each city there is a bug.

what if there not enough medical supplies to support supply train? i kinda can get alot of supply train by capturing from others

Top Bottom