Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Everything works great with the latest update. :)
Was that archer bug only for the netherlands? That was very strange.

Looking forward to seeing the finished F/18 and F-14 with the complete edition :D

I thought i would suggest a way oil could be utilized(in my opinion).
Near the end i always have a huge excess of oil, and running out of disel/kerosene not allowing me to expand my airforce.
I think it's 2 oil for 3 of both diesel/kerosene? There is the synthetic oil plant, but using 6 coal, i never have enough to build it.
Maybe another type of Refinery building or another Bio-production?

Those are just my thoughts, let me know what you think :)
Cheers

Hello Achi,

I could change the values for the Refinery : 4 or 6 oils for 6 (or 9) kerosene/diesel.
It would use more oil and suit the gamers that prefer to play with less cities.

I am wondering hulfgar if that is going to double the size of a military of one civilization let alone what it will do to a game with lots of civ's on the board. Its just a thought but will the average computer be able to handle that and the size of your mod at the same time?

I am wondering hulfgar if that is going to double the size of a military of one civilization let alone what it will do to a game with lots of civ's on the board. Its just a thought but will the average computer be able to handle that and the size of your mod at the same time?
This is an interesting question Vyvian!
My computer is 5 years old, the graphic card 2 or 3 years old so I should have an answer when I will test this version.

Hulfgar
I was thinking (bad idea sometimes..lol) what if you added ammunition factory to the list of building and that you would need this to build any combat unit that used bullets or shells, could go as far as needing Tank factory to build tanks and armored vehicles, and aircraft factory for planes, and naval shipyard for warships. Might add something to the game. Just a thought.

Gallus

Hello DJGspinNhitz,

some time ago what you propose was part of my mod : heavy weapons factory required for tanks and armored vehicules, shipyard for the navy....

But the AI was not doing well with this.
As it seems the AI does not think "to build tanks I need a factory so I will build a factory", it was just making units whithout building prereqs.

So I've kept the buildings to boost units production but I have cancelled the need to have a specific building to make units (except for the spec forces).

What i could do would be to create a new resource called ammunition and make it a prereq for all units.

Hulfgar I am experiencing random crashes to desktop when playing like some others have reported with the latest build. I know you need copies of the crashes but I am using an extra mod that is not yours and I don't have time with school right now to start a brand new game from scratch. Between the new baby a full time job and full time school load I barely get to play anymore. Have you managed to find out what is causing the crashes for the other players?

Hello Vyvianarygos,

have you tried ver 7.4 of the mod ?

The CTDs in 7.3 and earlier were due to a bad line in the code for the artdefine of the netherlands archer. It is solved in 7.4.

If you are using 7.4 can you send me your log files and tell me which extra mod you are using?

As a side note : My PC is out of order :( I think it's the power block, I may have a spare somewhere but if not I will not be able to access my mod's project for the next days.

LOL
I was still using 7.2 I will upgrade thanks for the help. I am sad to hear about your computer. I hope you get it fixed soon. I know I personaly hate it when my computer is broken and I can't sit down till I have fixed it. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Vyv

Hulfgar
I am having issue with gold in the early parts of the game again. I seem to end up in the negative very early on and never dig out because it effects my ability to research advancements, plus it disbands units. In last game I tried I was at -54 per turn. In 7.3 I was not having issues but every game since the last upgrade I've had gold issues.
Gallus

Caprera : to play with the vanilla timeline you need this version : Hulfgars Modpack Complete Edition for BNW 6.4 (v 6).

Version 7 is ready but my PC crashed yesterday and it will take another 2 or 3 days before I get a new power bloc :(

DJGspinNhitz : strange that you got this gold issue again, I've not changed the costs in 7.4.
can you post me save game please? (even if I cannot use it before my PC is repaired :( )

Thanks Hulfgar, but it really looks more stable now that some build ago.

Keep it up S!

Hulfgar
I will try to upload a link later today.
I know a few times if has been start location, when I am in a desert start location it is always more difficult to get gold.
Gallus

Hulfgar,

Do you plan to update the BNW Ultimate Edition to V.7+ like you did for Industrial? I love the mod, but I really want to play it in the modern (2014 circa) era of technology.

Hello WestAir,

yes an update for the Complete Edition is planned.
As a matter of fact version 8 is ready.

I wanted to upload it on Sunday when the power supply of my PC has died.

Unfortunately I had not saved the mod on another support so I'm just waiting for the new power supply to come and pray that it is the part that has died and nothing else!

I hope to get the new part this evening or tomorrow...

Hulfgar, is there a way to recover from corrupt saves?
I've had so many great map generations lost from start corruption.

Is there any way to prevent the corruption from happening? I've noticed no other mods have caused this corruption so far.

Hello Achi,

you may try to save the game as a map and load it for another game, but not sure if it will work.

Is there any way to prevent the corruption from happening?
From your side no, from my side I need to find where the bug lies.
The corrections in ver8 may solve it but I had no time to reallt test it before the PC crashed :(

Top Bottom