Human beings are never happy

I would disagree as what you said is a paradox in itself.

If people don't like change, they wouldn't be looking forward for a sequel and anticipating it for years, they would simply stick with the original game because of their disapprovals of change.

Change by itself is perfectly fine, but the extent and the content of that change is the sensitive issue.

People look forward to a sequel for new improvements. The same nonsense happen with Civ IV but not to this extent. People don't want change they want more. Human nature is greed. They wanted a Civ IV with more 'stuff' and they got a whole new game with some positive and some negative new mechanics.More importantly they cant cope that its an NEW game not an expansion. Again I'll say it. I'm somewhat disappointed but that's because I'm use to Civ IV and I had the same issues from III to IV. But I'm still happy a new Civ is out. Like why cant people ever be pleased.

Damn right, but positive criticism is welcome, because Firaxis must know that there is urgent work to do on the game, expecially in MP, no animations force on it's really a shame.
It still need some fixes (AI, balance issues) and some add ons (a little more depth in food res for ex.) but i love it already.

When the release of a game is basically the beta release (as has been the case a fair few times with Firaxis games), one has to expect a lot of complaints from people on the forum.

And one would wonder when will Firaxis ever learn how to do a public beta test instead of using us customers to pay to be their lab rats.

I have been a member of this forum for at least 6yrs and I totally agree with the person who says that the ppl who are moaning has only joined this forum recently (1-2 months) are here to moan. Because none of the other forums will listen. Again this forum is falling on deaf ears for ppl who has only join this forum recently.

People look forward to a sequel for new improvements. The same nonsense happen with Civ IV but not to this extent. People don't want change they want more. Human nature is greed. They wanted a Civ IV with more 'stuff' and they got a whole new game with some positive and some negative new mechanics.

It's not that, it's the feeling, like when you buy a new car, and you drive the same model but the new version, and it's not reminding you about the previous car at all.
Now it's got all kind of auto systems suddenly, like brake assist, it even makes an alarm sound when you are getting close to a wall. Before I could feel when it would brake out in a fast corner, I got these auto systems build in now and a little voice telling me what I'm doing wrong.

So well, I rather be in control myself, so probaly I just get back in my old car, which wasn't that bad really.

Damn right, but positive criticism is welcome, because Firaxis must know that there is urgent work to do on the game, expecially in MP, no animations force on it's really a shame.
It still need some fixes (AI, balance issues) and some add ons (a little more depth in food res for ex.) but i love it already.

Yes positive! But 75% of new threads are bashing the game like little kids when thy didn't get the candy they wanted. I though CIV gamers were more intelligent then that. Maybe the Audince has changed.

Yes positive! But 75% of new threads are bashing the game like little kids when thy didn't get the candy they wanted. I though CIV gamers were more intelligent then that. Maybe the Audince has changed.

The audience hasn't changed.. the game has... and even so maybe they shouldn't feed us vegetables when we paid for candy:D

On a serious note it seems Civ has gone the way of many other franchises and given up its core gameplay for a larger user base and prettier graphics. Either they will gain that larger user base through the changes.. or flounder when many of their loyalists abandon them. Some things just don't sit right.. i mean longbowman that can fire 3 hexes away yet rifleman are melee units? No give and take civics system etc.. you cant do away with things that have been a part of the series or add glaring omissions to reality like these without alienating a certain number of your fanbase.

It's not that, it's the feeling, like when you buy a new car, and you drive the same model but the new version, and it's not reminding you about the previous car at all.
Now it's got all kind of auto systems suddenly, like brake assist, it even makes an alarm sound when you are getting close to a wall. Before I could feel when it would brake out in a fast corner, I got these auto systems build in now and a little voice telling me what I'm doing wrong.

So well, I rather be in control myself, so probaly I just get back in my old car, which wasn't that bad really.

I see your point and I enjoyed the comparison and I do feel like they made the IU too user friendly(if that's possible). I for one am a huge component of micromanagement and dearly miss many of the aspects of CIV III and IV. Howeer there are ways to go about it and many users have chose the negative way.

And one would wonder when will Firaxis ever learn how to do a public beta test instead of using us customers to pay to be their lab rats.

I agree with that. Initial releases are continuously buggy in the series.

The audience hasn't changed.. the game has... and even so maybe they shouldn't feed us vegetables when we paid for candy:D

On a serious note it seems Civ has gone the way of many other franchises and given up its core gameplay for a larger user base and prettier graphics. Either they will gain that larger user based through the improvements.. or flounder when many of their loyalists abandon them.

See I wish I could believe you, but I feel the audience has drastically changed. Just look at half the new members they act as children. Unfortuantlly maybe Civ made the game less complicated to appeal to this new audience. But I though that's what Civ Rev was for.

See I wish I could believe you, but I feel the audience has drastically changed. Just look at half the new members they act as children. Unfortuantlly maybe Civ made the game less complicated to appeal to this new audience. But I though that's what Civ Rev was for.
TBH.. civ V seems more like CIV rev 2 than part of the main series imo. But ya thats pretty much the case.. they have decided to spurn the tried and true civ loyalists for a kiddie fanbase imo. Diplomacy/AI relations has become so gutted every SP game seems like a deathmatch game, perfect for those who never had the patience to play a full game going for space race etc. It just seems like its targeted more toward the RTS twitch crowd than micromanagement gurus of yesteryear.

I see your point and I enjoyed the comparison and I do feel like they made the IU too user friendly(if that's possible). I for one am a huge component of micromanagement and dearly miss many of the aspects of CIV III and IV. Howeer there are ways to go about it and many users have chose the negative way.

Well true I'm a bit negative and just in general pessimistic. It's just me and can't help it, so yes maybe I should try this new car, and give it another try.

No denial here. I'm an adult I can cope. No offense but it's people like you who join in Sept 10' who are ruining are forums

No offence its people like you who joined after civ4 was released that are ruining the forums.

We know both statements aren't true. But you're just being a bit of a di*k now.

I think they should've put a big warning-sign on the box:
BEWARE! Not the third Civ4 expansion pack!

THIS!!! :lol::lol::lol:

People should adapt to, or try the new pace/rules for a few days, and then talk... or if you don't like it, go back to Civ 4!

I'm loving the demo (8h of gameplay until now... I have to work also :() and I'm eagerly waiting for my boxed copy to arrive Monday or Tuesday!

they have decided to spurn the tried and true civ loyalists for a kiddie fanbase imo.
Well, even though after CivIII the series became too 'childish', I really like the graphic-style of Civ4 and Civ5.
Besides, for those that don't like it, there's always Strategic Mode ofcourse.

Although I am one of the people that doesn't feel it's dumbed down, it's just different. I've only got some 11 hours into the game, so I'm still learning the new ruleset, but so far it's actually deeper than one thinks on the first sight.

No offence its people like you who joined after civ4 was released that are ruining the forums.

We know both statements aren't true. But you're just being a bit of a di*k now.

Ummm. Joined over a year before CIV IV was released. Get your facts straight. How old are these people 16?

I agree with geebo. I don't understand people complaining. The CIV V is just great and the best. If you don't like don't buy it. The 2k doesn't owe you anything - they can do whatever they want. They can even make the spermman > tank impossible anymore if they only want. Thank God there is no religion in the game. I can see only positives. The AI is so suffisticated and I just love the animated characters. I made a desktop from everyone of them begging me for peace and giving me all their cities. Starcraft II sucks imo ! LMAO GG OMG

"No one owes you anything. You don't like it dont buy it or play it."

Geebo, I've been around a while myself. And I've played Civ since Civ I. For what that's worth.

1. No one owes me anything? Oh yes they do! They owe me a product that works. This product is defective.

2. You don't like it, don't buy it or play it? Well, I sure as by old Henry am not going to play it because it doesn't work! And yes, my box exceeds the Recommended Specs in all areas.

Don't buy it? Well, now you tell me. 2K heavily promoted pre-orders and Firaxis bears blame for this as well by keeping dead silent when they knew very well what would happen when they released a game that was still very beta. I still respect Sid Meier, but I see that his name being associated with a game now means nothing at all.

Don't play it? Well, I can safely say that is one piece of your advice I have no choice about. Trust me, I won't play it because the game freezes, crashes, and performs other abominations.

No one owes me anything? Oh yes they do! They owe me a refund. The product they sold me is defective. I want my money back.

Top Bottom