Human Model for Poser

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
Several people requested that I post my base human model that I made my recent units with, so here it is.

First up is the base model along with a few run animations and a texture. This zip also has the readme that tries to explain how to use all this stuff and you need it to use the other two.
Outdated version
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Paperdoll.zip
This is the base model with Mongolian style clothes that I used for my 'Golden Horde' unit.
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Mongolian.zip
These two conforming clothes are the two different styles of Loin-cloth that I'm using in my Native American units.
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Loin_Cloths.zip
The readme in the first zip explains some problems and solutions and you really need that one to use either of the other two.
These should work in Poser 5 as well but as I only have Poser 4 PP I'm not entirely sure. Please give credit if you use these in any work. I'll try to post more files here as I create more clothes or props.

UPDATE
I'm uploading my improved human model. I don't have any clothes uploaded for him yet but some of the stuff above might work with effort. Also the readme for the first one still applies to this one, so there are some issues that you may need to know about in that one. Basicly when conforming any of my clothes to my human figures you need to then open up the joints panel and click on the 'Zero joints' button. Then click on the hip part of the clothing figure and turn the three trans dials to zero. Haven't been able to figure out why they do this.

426kb
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Paperdoll_Male.zip, PDM Texture
PDM Footwear and clothes, the T-shirt is actually a long sleeved shirt that becomes a short sleeved shirt by making several materials transparent.

PDF 472kb
Clothing for my PDF figure:Part 1 2.3mb, Part 2 1.4mb

A morphing Beard prop for my PDM figure.
Assorted Hair props for my PDM and one for my PDF figure. Most Poser hair props should also work (without transparencies and the simpler the better).
Gun Flash and Gun Smoke Props (go here for an explaination of how I use these.)
A simple Plume 3DS object.
My PDM figure and several clothing figures in 3DS format.
PDM_3DS, PDM_Coat_3DS, PDM_Pants_3DS, PDM_Shirts_3DS, PDM_Shoes_3DS

A suit for my Paperdoll Male figure. Based on a character from the Wheel of time series. 454kb
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Taim_Suit.zip
Preview (Sword not included)

A suit of armor. The loin-cloth is from the file above. A hypothetical Native American unit requested by Redking. 390kb
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Buffalo_Warrior.zip

Bear Suit 557kb Bond Suit 452kb Greek Armor 243kb Kilts 327kb Pants 80kb Serf Suit 156kb Vest 48kb Legion 1.1mb

War Crown from my Ramses II leaderhead. It's made for Michael's head and fairly well detailed, maybe too much for a unit size (1.1mb textures included).

Braided Beard from my Chaos Dwarf Leaderhead. It's made for a heavily modified Michael's head so it would need some work to fit on most other setups. It's fairly large and not really suited to units. I've included the transmap that I used in the Dwarf Leaderhead (1.8mb).

The Long Kilt prop that I used on my Egyptian Monk unit (and forgot to post with the other kilts). I've also added a 15 frame animation sequence to help match up the morph targets with the Run animation. (303kb)

A very simple (very...) Tunic or poncho clothing figure.

A figure to represent the Aiel from the Wheel of Time series... Could also be used for a Turkish/Arabian type unit.

A female counterpart of the above. Based off of Aviendha from the WoT series.

A Skaven (Rat-man) Model done for EmbryoDead's Warhammer Mod.

A Knight in armor.

Gnoll and some Gnoll Clothes, Gun and Pose, and Run, animation for the Gnoll Figure.
The Panda figure I've used for all my Panda units (932kb).

2 variations of Egyptian Armor (97kb).
Armor for my Anubis and Horus Knights (607kb, 645kb).

My Lizardman figure that I used for all my Skinks and Saurus units (461kb).
My Ushabti figure (678kb).
Here is the Musket prop I used in my Janissary unit. And a Bolt Action Rifle Prop.
The complete LandsKneckt figure, including all the props.

A Chocobo (with saddle and texture files, and a run animation). The Chocobo is a large chickenish creature from Final Fantasy.

My posable Wings that I used for my angel units (848kb)
Here are the two hats that I made for my Mongol units a long time ago...

Here, in two files (Figures , Props), are all the samurai armor and props that I used to make my japanese units a while back. The figures are older so they most likely won't work with the newer PDM figure but instead work with the older Paperdoll figure (still posted above in the smaller text). I also included a few flags with different symbols, and one with a poser wave deformer attached. By moving the 'Phase' dial on the wave object you can cause the flag to flap in the breeze. You can change the wave object to any of the other flags fairly easily.

I'm making a series of bodies and animal heads for CamJH to combine into the Trollocs for the Wheel of Time Mod. Anyone else may use these to create all kinds of monstrous abominations and magical beasts. A few items of clothing are planned since the stuff made for my PDM figure will require some fiddling to get it to cover these figures.
Body 1, Body 2, Body 3, Head 1, Head 2, Head 3, Head 4, Head 5, Head 6, Head 7, Head 8, Claws 1, Tail 1, Tail 2, Tail 3, Tail 4
You can go HERE for another look at how they fit together.

Attachments

• Trollocs_System.gif
    Trollocs_System.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 3,111
You are not the best, you are THE BEST :)

Originally posted by Doc M
You are not the best, you are THE BEST :)
:hmm: And this makes sense how?

P.S. Nice, Kinboat!:goodjob:

Kinboat, I'm curious, how did you learn to make clothing and such in 3DS Max? Did you buy a book? Find some online tutorials or something?

Because for the most part, I'm interested in making accessories for Poser characters, but honestly I really don't even know where to begin when I load up the Max.

Well there are tutorials for making objects in 3DS Max included with the program... Mostly I use the editable spline method and then surface it. As for how to change them into posable Poser conformable figures that is a much more complicated issue. I'll try to work up a tutorial for that :) The basic start is to export the human model from Poser and use it in 3DS Max as a guide to build your clothes around. Then you import the clothes into Poser, scale it to fit on the human model and enter the 'setup room' (only in Poser 4 with pro pack and Poser 5). Once in the 'setup room' you need to find and load your human model so the clothes use the same skeleton. Once you assign the polygons to the bones and exit it should be able to conform to your original human model. The devil, however, is in the details.

@Kinboat
I see that you know MAX, why do you animate models in Poser. Do you know IK?

Originally posted by Kinboat
Well there are tutorials for making objects in 3DS Max included with the program... Mostly I use the editable spline method and then surface it. As for how to change them into posable Poser conformable figures that is a much more complicated issue. I'll try to work up a tutorial for that :) The basic start is to export the human model from Poser and use it in 3DS Max as a guide to build your clothes around. Then you import the clothes into Poser, scale it to fit on the human model and enter the 'setup room' (only in Poser 4 with pro pack and Poser 5). Once in the 'setup room' you need to find and load your human model so the clothes use the same skeleton. Once you assign the polygons to the bones and exit it should be able to conform to your original human model. The devil, however, is in the details.

I'll give a looksie in the manual about clothes and stuff...

Cool. Yes, I have Poser 5, so that's not an issue. That's how I cut the head off of the Anubis model and made it into a mask for Michael.

I hate the Setup Room! :lol: I had a bad experience with it when I tried to take a bearskin rug and make it conform to the human character. Possibly only the Cloth room is more frustrating to me... :p

Kinboat, with your permission, I'd like to use the Paperdoll as the replacement for "Sid" in the Cut and Paste pack...

*sigh* Yes, it means redoing all of the animations, but this figure is really much easier to pose and he doesn't require any clothes that I'd have to make for him, and people seem to have already agreed (myself included) that this figure is very well-proportioned to Civ standards.

I think it'd also be good because then there is a non-copyrighted, standard figure if any of the other creators want to make some pose later on... I'll post the texture map so that way it will really be standard.

EDIT: Also renders like a dream! :D

Sure you can use him... His skeleton is close to the normal poser figures so you might be able to apply the animations to him and then do a little adjusting.

Well I started in Moray first then jumped to Poser when I wanted to try some more human units. My 3DS skills came later and I haven't really sunk myself into the program to learn all the ins and outs. So until I get more time I'm just modeling in 3DS and animating in Poser.

Sorry to bump this, but I was just wondering if these models are still the ones that Kinboat uses, or does he have different ones now?

I do have a new version now... Better looking anyway. If anyone is interested I can either email the Poser figure or post it here.

I've posted it in the first post...

Top Bottom