Hunters Skin Factory

Hunter

Civ Addict
Fresh from the skining proccess to you!
(These are not new units! just new skins)
I intend to keep all my skins in one post, as I intend to re-skin several units over time.

ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL SKINS!

Marine (this will contain several skins as it is what I am using to learn the art of CIV skining)
Camo type 1

Infantry
Germaninf1
WW1 French Infantry (in post 41) NEW!
Canadian Infantry (or commonwealth infantry) (in post 40) NEW!

Swordsman
Highlander (preview in post 30)
Swordsman re-skin 1 (preview in post 31)

Archer
babylonian Bowman (in post 39) NEW!

Due to a 5 attachment limit units not found in the main post can be found in the listed post number.

Attachments

• Mcamo1.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 7,431
  • Germaninf1.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 9,547
  • Hunters highlander.zip
    11 KB · Views: 4,956
  • hunters swordsman 1.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 4,591
  • Hunters factory floor.jpg
    Hunters factory floor.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 40,257
German infantry (in first post)

Attachments

• germaninf.jpg
    germaninf.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 63,890

However until we can add new 3D models there some things that we are just stuck with like the helmet shape for example.

I have both Poser 6 and 3ds Max 7.5...work related.
There are many options for getting Poser animations into Max...but I find Max much better for animation work.
Anywho....I'll convert "stuff" for people who use it(poser)...though I do intend to create units of my own also,now that Relic have not released their modtools for Dawn of War 1.4 ..I've lost interest in further modding of it.

No problem. Even if I get Civ4, and I will, I will still be into civ3 for awile though. Same with you right Weasel? :mischief: (i didn't get your name wrong this time)

What we need to do is develop a procedure for doing the unit making, converting to 3dmax, and converting to Nif.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
No problem. Even if I get Civ4, and I will, I will still be into civ3 for awile though. Same with you right Weasel? :mischief: (i didn't get your name wrong this time)
Right. I still have a few bones to pick with the Civ3 editor. :D

What we need to do is develop a procedure for doing the unit making, converting to 3dmax, and converting to Nif.
That's the main problem. Unless EdCase has something that nobody else knows about for converting Poser files into the correct format, we're still up a creek without a paddle. From what I've read in the unit creation thread, what we need apparently doesn't exist yet.

btw this thread is getting way off topic

//threadjack:D

Umm if you can get the poser animations to me...I can take the keyframes export them to max...rig the model , rebuild the animation in Max.....then all I need is the game importer plugin (hopefully included in the sdk).
I've found all the 3rd party poser to max utilities to be well...crap...
So I do it the hard (read easier for me) way.
Since the majorityof units in this game are bipedal...I should only need one skeleton rig..the rest is just window dressing.
Vehicles...well..each will require a little more work..but its doable..if time consuming

Meh. I have already taken a high Caliber pistol and blown my brians all over the side walk.

I love you, Civ 3. I love you!

you can add them to the My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\art\units\ file and then when you use that unit in the game it will automaticly have the new skin on.

jak08 said:
you can add them to the My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\art\units\ file and then when you use that unit in the game it will automaticly have the new skin on.
For some reason, units are not loading for me. :(

EdCase said:
//threadjack:D

Umm if you can get the poser animations to me...I can take the keyframes export them to max...rig the model , rebuild the animation in Max.....then all I need is the game importer plugin (hopefully included in the sdk).
I've found all the 3rd party poser to max utilities to be well...crap...
So I do it the hard (read easier for me) way.
Since the majorityof units in this game are bipedal...I should only need one skeleton rig..the rest is just window dressing.
Vehicles...well..each will require a little more work..but its doable..if time consuming
If that, roughly translated, means you can make new models, :worship:

Top Bottom