I Just had to mke one.

Attachments

• French infantry.zip
    12 KB · Views: 448
  • French infantry.jpg
    French infantry.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 1,599
jak08 said:
you can add them to the My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\art\units\ file and then when you use that unit in the game it will automaticly have the new skin on.

Totally new to modding and this site. First, thanks for the 'stuff.' I enjoy the game and think I will enjoy it even more with this.

My newbie questions is this. I did not have a file called 'units' in the art file indicated above...so I created one titled 'units' and dropped these skin files in there, without extracting, in their dds format. If someone could tell me if that was the intended method, I would greatly appreciate it.

jcw

jcwfalcon said:
Totally new to modding and this site. First, thanks for the 'stuff.' I enjoy the game and think I will enjoy it even more with this.

My newbie questions is this. I did not have a file called 'units' in the art file indicated above...so I created one titled 'units' and dropped these skin files in there, without extracting, in their dds format. If someone could tell me if that was the intended method, I would greatly appreciate it.

jcw

Hm, I suppose that you have to:
-creat a folder with the name of this unit
-Extrat it to this folder (make sure that the dds is directly in this folder
-put the folder with the unit name in the mentioned "units"-folder.
-have fun!;)

Why are tor Highlanders wearing a checkered shirt? Depending on the era they would have wore a quilted shirt (an armour made of layered fabrics) a loose plain shirt or a British army uniform, with a kilt and bonet. Also a sporran would not have been wore during combat. Nice try but it seems that you just put some tartan on a swords man. Sorry if this sounds cheeky btw.

how do u make mods???????????? please reply to me someone

oh and how do i load civ 4 mods to my civ 4 game?

And to ask this question you had to resurrect a thread ?

To load a mod, extract it in your Civ4/BtS/Mods directory (i.e. where you installed civ, not in "My Games").

As to how to make one, edit the xml files (or rather, copies thereof) so they reflect your changes. Learn from some of the mods around here by looking at how they did it and by tutorials, e.g. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=229557

And to ask this question you had to resurrect a thread ?
He had to look long and hard to find just the right thread to resurect to ask that question.

IT LIVES!!!!!!!

Why are tor Highlanders wearing a checkered shirt?
Well actualy it was leather armor that I copyed from a highland warrior I saw online, how acurate I dont know, but I guess it could be a checkered shirt.

Top Bottom