Hurrying costs and interludes for Cult

ledtim

Chieftain
How is the energy cost for hurrying stuff calculated? From what I can tell, buildings are cheapest, units second, and secret projects are really expensive. But their costs seem to vary; like buildings some times cost 2 energy per 1 mineral and sometimes 4 energy per 1 mineral etc.

And are there any interludes for the Cult of Planet? I've played through with them once and didn't see any interludes. Maybe they were going to have special interludes for Cha Dawn but didn't get around to finishing them? They already made a special beginning message for the Cult and all ("You don't remember your past life, but you and your cadre are going to carry out the will of the planet").

From what I vaguely remember there is a certain threshold where the hurry cost incurs a penalty (must have a certain % built normally). Prototypes have a huge penalty. I think you can also save money by first hurrying only part of a project, to get it past the penalty hump (so you only incur that cost for a smaller part, rather than the whole thing, but takes two turns)

I'm trying to better understand the hurrying costs. I've noticed it being 2, 4, and 8 energy per mineral. I understand generally the ratio is higher at the start of the production and then slopes off. The link Aabraxan provided didn't seem to show question #49. Quick help/links would be appreciated, thanks.

Hurry cost for buildings is 2 Ec/mineral, doubled if you have less than 10 minerals accumulated in the relevant base.

Hurry cost for secret projects is 4 Ec/mineral, doubled if you have less than 4 rows completed, doubled again if you have less than 10 minerals accumulated.

Hurry cost for units is Round down(2*(minerals missing)+((minerals missing)^2)/20). Cost doubled if the relevant base has less than 10 minerals accumulated. Example: You want to rush buy a former costing 20 minerals and already have 10. So missing minerals is 10. Hurry cost comes to Round down(2*10+(10^2)/20)=Round down(20+5)=25 .

Partial hurry cost is Round up( (full hurry cost)*(minerals you wish to buy)/(minerals missing)). So in the above exampe if you wish to buy only 7 minerals because 3 more are added by the bases production you need to pay Round up(25*7/10) = Round up(17,5) = 18 .

In case you want to read more about this matter, I've updated post #3 in this thread with the correct link and question #.

Top Bottom