1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] I’m struggling on Prince

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by oPunchDrunko, Oct 4, 2019.

1. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Post a screenshot of your Korea game and give some insight on your strategy. It will be easier to give you good tips if we know how you play.

jgsb2001 likes this.
  2. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

Exodus of the Evangelists. You'll blow through the era score to a Heroic in no time. And religious is my VC of choice for this one.

3. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Warlord

About the projects you run - if I remember correctly, they convert something like 15% of the city's production to the given yield, so it only really makes sense to run them in a city with high production, and only if the city has nothing more worthwhile to do.

leandrombraz likes this.
  4. Moosus Maximus

Moosus Maximus Chieftain

I'm sure I'm going to get fine-tuned here, but..

The simplest advice I can give you is make sure that the Ancient era is focused on getting your land base established. You should be making military units and settlers until you have 4(+) cities, then you can start putting out *A* district in one. Then when you get your next city down you can build another district somewhere. Don't stop expanding. Designate a city with Magnus (with Provision, then later with Government Plaza/Ancestral hall) to be your settler factory. One thing I also like to do is when a city hits size 4, pop out a settler. You will out-size the AI and begin your steamroll to victory.

If you build 2x Holy and 2x Campuses you can then build other things (Commercial hub? Encampment?) You can now pursue any victory path. I like to build the holy sites even if I'm not going religious victory just in case I can score a religion and pick up Choral Music and/or Lay Ministry. If I don't get one I have faith banked for Grand Magister's Chapel.

That 2nd city you dropped is probably the one with a Holy Site and a Campus now. It should have a decent population. Drop Pignalia in there. Add a theater district there. Bonus if you can build Oracle there.

Turn on the option which shows you the scores and resources of all players. Just watch those numbers in the victory path you are chasing. If someone is getting ahead of you, build more of that district type. If a neighbor's military numbers start going up, make sure you have good relations with them and/or build up your own to keep parity.

There is kind of a routine you have to get down to get things rolling which seems pretty similar between difficulties. You have to tighten things up as you advance, but the biggest hurdle seems to be that jump from King to Emp. At Emp you start from behind, but if you stick to the expansion plan you will still outpace the AI.

Ownsya likes this.
  5. montalaar

montalaar Chieftain

on map, presented in this discussion, i would go nowhere. despite best move would be close to faith luxury. why? it does not matter. i mean it! it does not matter! it is prince, you do not need to be optimal at all to win. any route you choose will do.
    i would take presented start any day, to make my favorite games - sea empires.
    id settle right where setter is, move warrior west. research mining>sailing>pottery>ah>irrigation>archery>astronomy>cel.nav
    build scout. find out what`s around.
    build settler.
    pantheon plantation culture.
    build builder.
    after that settlers until there is space.

in case any civ too close, build warriros and some archers, wipe them out, back to settler spamming.

its prince. grab land, build economy with harbors and hubs. then some campuses. now you build disctricts, depending on chosen victory. or go conquest from the beginning. you need economy to sustain any type of victory + some campuses. that is all.

Ownsya likes this.
  6. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

So it's been a little later, and we enter a Dark Age. It hardly matters because Hungary wants to be friends. Though he has dumped a ton of envoys in the City States; Tamar's ability could become useful.

I took Choral Music and Church Property (+2 gold per city following your religion). As nobody else has a religion, a missionary or two is going to net me a bunch of gold. La Venta stole my stone which sucks.

Batumi is a important site because it has much strategic resources and has the production to make the Collosseum as it's in a center location.

Of course, given this, the remaining land is not too impressive.

One of the spots here could be an easy St. Basil's city for the chops.

Could probably fit a city or two here as well.

Attached Files:

acluewithout likes this.
  7. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

MHO. Need to bring out the Galleys. Explore the water. Settling the other side of the volcano is not urgent, since it has not erupted yet. That's a sweet St. Basil's spot.

8. Eurritz

Eurritz Chieftain

I like this thing @Archon_Wing is doing by posting screenshots as he progress in the game. :)

Edit: I actually bothered to play his latest save and at T100 this is how the game looks rn:

Spoiler :

I'm trying to build a few wonders (specially the Mahabodi Temple) while spreading my religion to Hungary. Maybe I will go to war against Cree, not sure about that. (I thought Hungary would kill Cree but they gave up before that). Anyway I think there's room to win here, not necessarily RV.

I didn't know that building temples counted as +1 era by dedication bonus, that's really great.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019