• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

I allowed barbarians in "CIV4CivilizationInfos" to be able to build every unit

Feanor777

Zaphod Beeblebrox
I allowed barbarians in "CIV4CivilizationInfos" to be able to build every unit and some buildings,but not wonders.Tell me your opinion about that.I was bored to see confronting my modern armor with barbarian grenadier.I like raging barb. and huge maps

That was a question, TLO, but I would really like to see what dotmap schemes barbs would use.... they have full knowledge of the resources ( including the undiscovered ones ), and it would be fun to see how they would settle their cities....

And barbs with Mechs is a cool idea too :lol:

It would be fun to play the Mechs and Clone Army mod with Raging Barbs on, you could pretend it was a Fallout type scenario and the reason Civilization was starting so late in the tech tree was because you were repopulating the Earth :O

But their mobile artillery still can't break the Great Wall!!!

That was a question, TLO, but I would really like to see what dotmap schemes barbs would use.... they have full knowledge of the resources ( including the undiscovered ones ), and it would be fun to see how they would settle their cities....

i was impressed with barb city placement in warlords. they used their knowledge of resources well.

in BtS, not so much. there was a thread about it a while back. one theory was that now they only consider the inner ring of 9 tiles, not the full 21? i don't know whether that's true, but i do know that barb cities ain't what they used to be /sigh. maybe it would be different if they could make settlers, but i'm not sure it would be, since they'd still be restricted to only building where there's sufficient fog of war.

actually, i'm not sure how well it would work at all. apparently even the presence of a barbarian counts for making a tile "not in fog of war", from what i read during the current SGOTM. so maybe the settler wouldn't be able to settle since he's seeing the tiles :lol:.

i always thought it unfair that barbs couldn't build workboats. mech infantry, well, i like that they can't build those :eek:

^^I fully agree. In warlords I almost always kept the captured barb cities: they were exceptionally good ( I remember one in grassland area ( former jungle ) with river in almost all tiles, cooper, coal and 2 food resources :drool: ). In BtS they seem not so good...

P.S And barbs with airships, bombers and nukes ;) ?

Actually I think at least back a couple patches ago, I had a barbarian city bombing mine. (it was on an island near the mainland I controlled)

I remember it making me angry because I thought the AI was bombing my city defenders without declaring war and I thought it was a bug, however then I noticed the Barb city I mentioned with fighters circling around it :O

Top Bottom