I broke out the N64 recently

Lade

Prince
I really shouldn't have, no all the newer games I have feel like they suck :(

Mostly because they do. Seriously, why have games become so much worse over time? I have one SNES that still beats every game for the newer consoles! Are game developers losing their touch, focusing to much on graphics, or what?

Well, it would be useful if you told us what games you are comparing :p What are some of the newer games you own?

pilotwings 64 is probably one of my favorite console games of all time :)

Banjo tooie, Paper Mario, Legend of Zelda, all classics to me :crazyeye: their sequels, especially in paper mario's case, really brought standerds down.

Of course, theres Super Mario RPG, legend of the seven stars. Always been fond of that one

Ah the N64. Still my favorite system after 8ish years. Smash bros, mario kart, and the zelda games were what I mainly played/

The only things I've got is some Volkswagen racing game and Super Mario 64. Not too shabby, but I haven't played them in YEARS.

Beatle Adventure Racing or something like that?

This is my collection of N64 games, aka my childhood :D

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask [well, I got this one recently]
Mario 64
Rayman 64
Ogre Battle 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2
Mortal Kombat Trilogy [bleh]
Castlevania 64
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Rogue Squadron
Megaman 64
Glover [ungodly difficult]
Star Fox 64
Yoshi's Story
Quest 64 [bleh]

You guys is lucky. I grew up with an Atari 2600.

Beserk,
Pitfall,
Space Invaders,
Dig Dug,
Pacman,
Missile Command,
and all those weird generic games when it was just called the Atari VCS.

Mine is still connected to my t.v. rested nicely on top of my xbox 360.

We used to have Goldeneye tournaments at school. Good times. I always finished second, losing in the final to a naturally gifted game-playing friend. Everyone else sucked, of course.

I recently broke the game out again at someone's house but was totally rubbish at it. The controls now feel totally artificial whereas I distinctly remember them feeling natural back in the day. Specifically, the C buttons now confuse the hell out of me. Also, I just suck.

Never gotten into N64, by that time I was breaking into PC Gaming.

I'd probhibly would prefer the Wii over the N64 if I had to buy a console game.

The SNES was the best nintendo console. N64 was kind of meh if you ask me, I had one and kind of regretted not going with the Playstation 1 instead. N64 had a very limited catalogue, you'd think that they would have made sure that the small catalog had a very high ratio of memorable game, sadly there were about 10 great memorable games on the console.

Not only did it had a small library of games, they did not think about having backwards compatibility with it as well. I recall that the N64 was the last cartage based gaming console Nintendo has made (Excluding portables).

I really shouldn't have, no all the newer games I have feel like they suck :(

Mostly because they do. Seriously, why have games become so much worse over time? I have one SNES that still beats every game for the newer consoles! Are game developers losing their touch, focusing to much on graphics, or what?

I believe SNES was the best gaming console every made with 100000 hours of entertainment. No matter how many systems come or are being developed, SNES has the ultimate game play score of 100%!

The games brilliantly conceptualized and marketed. Nowdays its more about grafix and sound.

Regards

N64 was my favorite system it had great games like StarFox64 and Conker's bad fur day. I do feel that todays developers putting less effect in their games. Not saying that there was no bad games in the day.

Top Bottom