I cannot make mods!

Paul the Red

Chieftain
Hi guys, firstly I think your RoM is fantastic mod, surely the best in web... secondly if you find some errors in my texts, don't worry: I'm italian!

Well, thirdly I can't make mods... but I have some good ideas so I'd ask: are somebody there who can help me to realize that ideas?

1- slavery is a very big s**t! Both in the base version and in the mod this form of govt is useless... in fact it's damaging. But slavery is the main and foundamental economical system of all ancient civs (rome for example). So I think: why I can't hurry production with workers when I use slavery? Sacrifying one worker you receive about 5 hammers. Integrating him you receive a boost in production (1 hammer) for 10 turns (like a great person who disapperar after some time). But "slavery seriously harms you and others around you" because you are addicted of slaves: if you haven't slaves in a city citizens become angry given that they haven't free labour force any more (like war weariness unhappyness raise). But where can I find lots of workers? Let's read the second point.

2- have you ever played a total war saga game? In those games you have 4 options whe you conquer a city:

-occupation (like the civ4 one)
-pillaging
-extermination
-convert population in slaves

maybe a thing like this it's possible in civ4... but usually in history cities have been only pillaged, not conquered... so I make a proposal: 8 options after the conquest of a city. One for each strategy (or revenge xP).

-"install a new governor"
-pillaging and occupation "pillage and submit" (bonus in gold +50% or 100%, +4 unhappyness for 10 turns)
-extermination and occupation "eliminate everybody who don't think like me" (bonus in your culture and in the city's stability, eliminate 75% of population)
-convert population in slaves and occupation "all the strong men to the capital...now!" (50% of population points converted in workers, +4 unhappyness for 10 turns, disabled by proletariat, liberal and marxist)
-pillage and go away "take all that have value and let's run" (same bonus of pillaging and occupation but city isn't yours and you enemy is more angry with you)
-"BURN, BABY,BURN!!!" (only for satisfaction)
-convert population in slaves and go away "handcuff strong men and beautyful women and let's go" (50% of population points converted in workers, but city isn't yours and you enemy is more angry with you, disabled by proletariat, liberal and marxist)

First and second points are integrated each other for a perfect "roman" strategy!

3- in the end I'm looking for a good program for traducing RoM in my language (the wonderful italian :D). Can you help me, please?

I hope somebody values this proposals. In any case, thanks for your wonderful mod! ;)

Hi guys, firstly I think your RoM is fantastic mod, surely the best in web... secondly if you find some errors in my texts, don't worry: I'm italian!

Well, thirdly I can't make mods... but I have some good ideas so I'd ask: are somebody there who can help me to realize that ideas?

1- slavery is a very big s**t! Both in the base version and in the mod this form of govt is useless... in fact it's damaging. But slavery is the main and foundamental economical system of all ancient civs (rome for example). So I think: why I can't hurry production with workers when I use slavery? Sacrifying one worker you receive about 5 hammers. Integrating him you receive a boost in production (1 hammer) for 10 turns (like a great person who disapperar after some time). But "slavery seriously harms you and others around you" because you are addicted of slaves: if you haven't slaves in a city citizens become angry given that they haven't free labour force any more (like war weariness unhappyness raise). But where can I find lots of workers? Let's read the second point.

2- have you ever played a total war saga game? In those games you have 4 options whe you conquer a city:

-occupation (like the civ4 one)
-pillaging
-extermination
-convert population in slaves

maybe a thing like this it's possible in civ4... but usually in history cities have been only pillaged, not conquered... so I make a proposal: 8 options after the conquest of a city. One for each strategy (or revenge xP).

-"install a new governor"
-pillaging and occupation "pillage and submit" (bonus in gold +50% or 100%, +4 unhappyness for 10 turns)
-extermination and occupation "eliminate everybody who don't think like me" (bonus in your culture and in the city's stability, eliminate 75% of population)
-convert population in slaves and occupation "all the strong men to the capital...now!" (50% of population points converted in workers, +4 unhappyness for 10 turns, disabled by proletariat, liberal and marxist)
-pillage and go away "take all that have value and let's run" (same bonus of pillaging and occupation but city isn't yours and you enemy is more angry with you)
-"BURN, BABY,BURN!!!" (only for satisfaction)
-convert population in slaves and go away "handcuff strong men and beautyful women and let's go" (50% of population points converted in workers, but city isn't yours and you enemy is more angry with you, disabled by proletariat, liberal and marxist)

First and second points are integrated each other for a perfect "roman" strategy!

3- in the end I'm looking for a good program for traducing RoM in my language (the wonderful italian :D). Can you help me, please?

I hope somebody values this proposals. In any case, thanks for your wonderful mod! ;)

RoM itself is "dead" as far as adding more content. RoM-AND may have some work done on it. However C2C is the only RoM based mod still in development.

Your suggestions are interesting and possible to do.

1) The whipping of slaves was removed because it severely hampers the AI. They would constantly whip and not get cities above size 1.

2) would require quite a bit of programming I think.

3) I did Latin 40 years ago :mischief:. All the text is in the Assets/XML/Text folder in all those files. Others have provided translations for their language for each file and it has been merged in by the manager of the mod. The French and German translations were done that way. The files are just text files and can be edited in something like Windows Notepad.

I don't think slavery is useless. I use it always to get more production from mines and gold from houses. But AI never uses it.

Top Bottom