I can't get a different result from a goody hut on C2C, unlike on BTS, when I reload the game.

egaonogenki

Warlord
On my unmodded BtS game, if I think the result from the Goody Hut isn't good enough, I'd reload the game-save that I made just before entering the Goody Hut, then try again and repeat those steps until I get the result I want (like a free technology, a free settler, or over 200 gold.)

But when I tried that trick on my Caveman2Cosmos game, I kept getting the same results from the goody huts.

Before I started my unmodded game, I was able to deselect "Preserve Random Seed Upon Loading" but there is no such option on the (longer) list of options for what parameters to set on my C2C game. (Is that option known as something else in C2C? If so, what's it called?)

So is there a different way to prevent preservation of random seeds upon reloading a C2C game? I rely on goody huts in the early-game to acquire early technologies. Therefore, I rely on reloading the game however many times it takes to get a goody hut to deliver me a new technology.

I'm only 10 turns into my C2C game so I don't mind if I have to restart it in order to disable the preservation of random seeds. Thanks.

This "preserve random seed upon loading" is enabled and hidden on purpose, so its easier to debug crashes or fix other bugs.
You can't get different result from goody huts or prevent event from happening by loading save.

Well I'm not interested in playing C2C in multiplayer mode. Can we please get the C2C devs to reenable random seeds only for single-player games?

No.

You can however do it locally by going to CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml, located inside Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo, and on line 136 change <bVisible>0</bVisible> to <bVisible>1</bVisible> so you can select it.

This "preserve random seed upon loading" is enabled and hidden on purpose, so its easier to debug crashes.
You can't get different result from goody huts or prevent event from happening by loading save.

Then is there a (hidden) way to disable that preservation? Surely there's some kind of "back door" that'll allow me to disable that preservation is there? After all, I really *need* my new technologies to be delivered that way.

No.

You can however do it locally by going to CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml, located inside Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo, and on line 136 change <bVisible>0</bVisible> to <bVisible>1</bVisible> so you can select it.

Great, that might be the "back door" I'm looking for! Now, once that's done, will it take effect in my current C2C game or will I have to start over with a new C2C game?

Great, that might be the "back door" I'm looking for! Now, once that's done, will it take effect in my current C2C game or will I have to start over with a new C2C game?
You need to start new game

Random seed was causing issues with multiplayer games (out-of-syncs) so it was disabled.
Nothing to do with OOS errors - was all about making it possible for us to debug crashes and get more bugs to be repeatable so they could be worked on once found.

You can also change the option in-game.
World builder -> (upper right) select game data in pulldown menu -> options -> select "new random seed on reload".
Probably must be done before saving.

Top Bottom