I cant uninstall Civ4

ok i installed it. what am i supposed to do now?

i was wondering why the local settings thing was taken off. i added it back on then i read this. I took it off tho. im not sure if its completely off.

sorry - I was confused there: I thought you wanted to play it :mischief: if the uninstall fails its (in your case) likely because of some errors in the windows registry - if you need to remove the game it might be necessary to edit the windows registry after removing all the game files. Are you familiar with doing that? if not I'd recommend using a program like ccleaner and making a backup of your registry first...

oh no i was just wondering if i wanted to remove it. but thx for all the help. i'll prob play it from now on out. I do have one question tho how do you play online in that game? since it needed a patch and thats what made the problem in the first place.

hey, i had the same problem and i just did this
Firaxis technical support said to

Open My Computer then open the Local Disk (C), Open the program files folder.
Click on the tools menu then choose flder options, then Click on the view tab and click the box labelled ,show hidden files and folders", Press oK
Open the instalshield installation information folder,Search for a folder named {CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3BF-D6E01F4112E8}Right click on the folder and choose rename. Press the End key on the keyboard and type the word OLD. Press the enter key,Insert the Civilization IV CD1 and open My Computer Right click on the CD drive and choose explore,Locate the setup.exe file and double click
and then the game startd to install and everythings fine now
without installing anything :lol:

Ok, I have a different problem...
I have removed all the reg.keys and such, but apparently the version 1.74(?) is still
on my puter, so it wont allow me to reinstall my game, since the dvd-version is 1.61???
Can someone help me please?

Welcome to CFC :band:

US or European version of Complete?
I know the US version:

\InstallShield Installation Information\{30D1F3D2-54CF-481D-A005-F94B0E98FEEC} (for Complete itself)
\InstallShield Installation Information\{32E4F0D2-C135-475E-A841-1D59A0D22989} (for BtS that comes with Complete)
\InstallShield Installation Information\{EF36A836-BF89-4A4F-B079-057B0C68C1E0} (for Colonization that comes with Complete)

Hello Everyone. I am having the same exact problem everyone is describing here. I am not very computer savy however and am having a hard time following everything.

Ori, I opened up the registry editor and followed the file path to uninstall but did not see the files you were referencing. I have been playing around deleting Civ files for a couple hours, is it possible I've already deleted it?

When you say, "reinstall", are you referring to the game itself?

Any help you guys can give me would be great. I loved this game for about 2 days until I got the bright idea to try and use multiplayer. I downloaded something and it hasn't worked since. I also can not unistall the thing, so I'm stuck. Also, please speak to me in laymen terms.

Thanks in advance.

I am using windows vista and I don't have the option "setup"
I think my game is screwed, I should of never tried it online >_<
I posted a question about this on yahoo Q&A and no answers =(
Someone else playing this on windows vista?
Please help.
Thank you.

like I said, it won't let me play it and it won't let me uninstall from task manager and it won't let me go c disk thing and there is no option that says setup.
I am using windows vista.
I want to keep the save files cause this is what happened to me:
I tried to play it online for my first time and it updated and well...
it exited me out of the game lobby and out of the game itself and now it won't let me play and I can't uninstall it, and I didn't have any other apps running either.
I don't like this at all
I want to be able to keep my saved games cause Im still working on both of them, and I've made it so far with a struggling empire and a sucessful empire.
So someone please have a way to fix it? I'm not much of a Civilization wiz, I'm more of a Total War Wiz.
So please and thank you. ^.^

Top Bottom