I don’t want to play with him anymore

Good grief, people. Am I the only one who chooses their opponents? :dunno: If you don't want Alexander, set up a game where he's not an opponent. Simple.
not when you play with a lot of opponent, or/and want a random selection.

personally the only time I choose my opponents is when I play on TSL...

... which is the reason I made the option, as I usually play with a lot of civs, it's much faster to exclude a few than hand pick all the others.

not when you play with a lot of opponent, or/and want a random selection.

personally the only time I choose my opponents is when I play on TSL...

... which is the reason I made the option, as I usually play with a lot of civs, it's much faster to exclude a few than hand pick all the others.

I honestly thought excluding some leaders was part of the game setup, I just always have YnAMP turned on I guess.

Here's a workaround:
1. Create a Multiplayer (Hotseat) game.
2. Turn off duplicate leaders.
3. Add in one more player than you'd normally have (e.g., if you normally play with 8 civs, set it to 9 instead).
4. Have two human players, one as Alexander, and one as whomever you actually want to play.
5. Set all other settings to whatever you want.
6. On Alexander's first turn, have him delete his starting settler.

Now you won't have Alexander in the game. This might mess up start locations a little (although they're generally not evenly spaced anyway, so it probably won't be noticeable outside of certain maps like Snowflake), and you'll get a sneak preview of a small corner of the map where Alexander spawned (which probably won't tell you anything important unless he spawned near a city state, natural wonder, or another civ), but for the most part, you'll get a normal game without Alexander.

I do tend to randomly pick leaders, rerolling a couple whose music just rates on me. Jayavaraman I'm looking at you. For me, though, the leader I had the longest stretch of bumping into was Pedro...

Top Bottom