"I don't know what you're talking about"

BredenF1234

Chieftain
This is a third option I would like to say to other leaders. For example, when spreading your religion to another civilizations cities. You currently have two options, "We will send our missionaries elsewhere", and "Our missionaries do as they see fit", not the exact words but I am paraphrasing.

So I would like a third option of, "I don't know what you are talking about." I would like a higher diplo hit on it, but sometimes I want that just to provoke the AI. Plus it would make me feel good about it, particularely after a civ has already done the exact same thing to me (like converting my holy city). It would equate to basically an everything but war response, severe diplo hit but making the player feel good even though it would be obvious that the player was the one who instigated the discussion.

I'd also like a "Taunt" option. I love how after you've made peace and left them with a single 3 pop city, tundra/snow, they pop up with the "Oh, thought you were a City-State." comment. I'd like a "See my score lately? I just wanted to check to make sure you were still awake, you've been stuck at 428 for the last 20 turns." Something that'd push their buttons a little bit would be nice. For now I just continue to pop in every now and then and ask if they want to DoF. I think it's a bit funny.

Anyone ever have any success with Demand? What do you need to do to get anything out of them? I think after you've decimated someone, your Peace Treaty is up, you should be able to mass on their borders and demand Citrus or some other lux. I've never been successful with it. The AI is capable of coordinating to some degree because they ask you to DoW other Civs. If you did that to enough of them, they then could all DoW at the same time.

Anyone ever have any success with Demand? What do you need to do to get anything out of them? I think after you've decimated someone, your Peace Treaty is up, you should be able to mass on their borders and demand Citrus or some other lux. I've never been successful with it. The AI is capable of coordinating to some degree because they ask you to DoW other Civs. If you did that to enough of them, they then could all DoW at the same time.

Sometimes if you're strong enough or just kicked their ass in a war they're diplomatic status will change to afraid. I've gotten stuff from demands when they're afraid.

What I want to know is if there is a peaceful way to ask for stuff. Like when they show up during a declaration of friendship then say things aren't going well ask for a resource or gold. Is there any way to do that yourself?

What I want to know is if there is a peaceful way to ask for stuff. Like when they show up during a declaration of friendship then say things aren't going well ask for a resource or gold. Is there any way to do that yourself?
Well actually, ther was this game where Darius was powerful and was friendly to me, so I asked him for gold and "what do you want to make this happen", and he was all "oh, it's fine, take it, you need it more than me and i'm just too powerful anyway". So i keep asking and he was giving. He ended up DoW me but still, it was fun while it lasted :D

I was successful with a demand once, it was the Aztec Empire who had the status "Afraid" (no idea why, I was over 50 tiles away from him) so I decided to leap forward and demand 100 gold from Monte. I got the gold and some 15 turns later he declared war on me.

I've demanded gold from unafraid civs before, I often put a few units on their borders, make sure I can back it up, and demand what I want. So far I've gotten gold, luxuries, and strategic resources, but i don't think they ever give up a city in demands.

I've demanded gold from unafraid civs before, I often put a few units on their borders, make sure I can back it up, and demand what I want. So far I've gotten gold, luxuries, and strategic resources, but i don't think they ever give up a city in demands.

I demand that they settle on my borders, infect my cities with their cheap religions, and park their armies right up as close as they can get to me until they feel like invading. So far, I have enjoyed a satisfying 100% success rate with these demands.

Top Bottom