1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I got a copy of Warlords

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by jonpfl, Jul 25, 2006.

1. homeyg

homeyg Deity

How did I miss that thread?

2. asabahi

asabahi Warlord

I ordered through Amazon also, but I cancelled the order yesterday and will buy it from the local game store. The game store employee told me they should have it sometime today. Someone on another thread said that amazon is have a delay issue with shipping Warlords.

3. jonpfl

jonpfl Prince

I NEVER order from amazon. I always order from EB Games and am never suprised

4. drkodos

drkodos Emperor

I just got back from Worst Buy where the game is now listed as "Backorder" on their computers. Of course they told me it would be in by this afternoon, but I have heard that for three days running now.

I do not think the problem is on Firaxis' end of things. Supply chains are notoriously buggy and there are multiple links where something can get snafued, waylaid, or delayed.

5. jonpfl

jonpfl Prince

I am curious why people didnt just order online from eb games?

6. AndreasS

AndreasS Warlord

Hopefully we wont have such problems in well organized Norway when the game is out on friday.... I'm going to die if I cant play the game this weekend, and I even take the friday off from work to play the exp.....

I have ordered it online, so hopefully there will be no probs.....

7. FrozenRaven

FrozenRaven Chieftain

jon, is there any new information on the vassal states that we don't know already?

8. drkodos

drkodos Emperor

Well, for one, I did not know they existed. That's my excuse.

No I am unhappy. Depression setting in. Bi-polar levels accelerating. Putting away all sharp objetcs and opening the garage windows....:lol:

9. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

They deleted it.

I got to page 7 and it was gone. Made me wonder how they eventually figured it out (didn't know someone from Firaxis came by).

10. AndreasS

AndreasS Warlord

Hehe, I guess the face in your ID box looks alot like you right now..... :lol:

11. turquoiseninja

turquoiseninja Cylon Centurion

Is that how you got it? When did you get it? Yesterday? Amazon is being so stupid, why don't they try GETTING stuff and SHIPPING it when they're supposed to?!?!:mad::confused: :mad: :confused: I'd like to just go to Gamestop and get it today, but they don't have it either! :wallbash:

12. AndreasS

AndreasS Warlord

Well, some guy on the thread posted another thread about the rumours on the Apolyton forums too, and a Firaxis guy came by and told them it was fake. The same guy posted a link from Apolyton to the fake thread here, and the moderators soon closed the whole thread, and gave some bloody warnings to a certain guy I guess..... :rolleyes:

13. ChrTh

ChrTh Happy Yule!

At the end the OP did admit it was fake.

14. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Maquis ~ i don't believe that's the real game. You totally photoshopped that image in there. I don't see any mention of Dutch privateers anywhere on that box!! ;)

on a serious note: good to see that the stable requires Horses to even be built.

15. AndreasS

AndreasS Warlord

He admited it after the truth was out.... after the Firaxis comments....

16. Commie333

Commie333 Chieftain

hey jonpfl, how much hdd space does it take up on your compy?

17. turquoiseninja

turquoiseninja Cylon Centurion

I hate Amazon. Its the WORST online ordering site ever, because it didn't ship Warlords when it was supposed to. I was under the impression that when stuff is pre-ordered, they send it to your house after you buy it online. But apparently that does not apply, as the real purpose I have discovered is to PRETEND that Amazon has this game when you give them your money, and that they will PRETEND to send it to you, though in reality you never get what you ordered. WHAT FUN!

18. AndreasS

AndreasS Warlord

Yep! I order from CDON.com! Hopefully they can keep their 28th of july promise..... :D

19. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

I just got back from the store and got my copy. I'm installing it now.

20. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

I took a look at the scenarios and what pissed me off was that they didn't add the japanese in genghis khan.