I got a copy of Warlords

I have to say i have only done some Scenarios so far. First impression: Mongols is a little more challanging than the average scenario Civ has out of the box. Though i think i had a bad stratagy.(burn all cities to the ground save none...no infasturcture only works for the first two or three countries you wipe out) The Vikings scenario is less challaging but a lot more fun...I dont know theres just something about being able to ransome cities. I loaded up Rise of Rome but the way they screwed up the shape of Italy and Greece was disappointing. I have yet to play them though and they could still prove to be quite fun.

Hmm. Anyone know whether the Chariot changes were a part of the new 'patch', rather than Warlords itself? It just seems to me that these types of changes are more associated with patches rather than expansion packs, and considering the expansion pack was meant to have all the latest patches...

Just played a game as the Persians. The charsmatic trait is amazing. Against barbs alone you can get 3 promotions (10xp needed for the first 3). The warlord unit is alright, probably it is a better Idea to give the 20 xp to the unit being attached. Imperlistic trait is great for the intial expansion, but there seems to be a problem with counter for great generals. I needed 30 for the first and 60 for the second and on.

asabahi said:
Imperlistic trait is great for the intial expansion, but there seems to be a problem with counter for great generals. I needed 30 for the first and 60 for the second and on.
What do you mean exactly? Is it normally 20, 40, etc? I wonder if the Imperialistic trait gives twice as much xp per combat?

asabahi said:
Just played a game as the Persians. The charsmatic trait is amazing. Against barbs alone you can get 3 promotions (10xp needed for the first 3). The warlord unit is alright, probably it is a better Idea to give the 20 xp to the unit being attached. Imperlistic trait is great for the intial expansion, but there seems to be a problem with counter for great generals. I needed 30 for the first and 60 for the second and on.

Is it scaled with gamespeed?

Do any wonders increase the chance of a Great General appearing?

Did they alter the West point and Pentagon wonders so they produce Great Generals instead of Engineers?

I got a copy yesterday as well. So far the rise of rome scenario has been fun. The new music is nice as well.

Also, I -love- the new vassal state thing!

I got my copy yesterday. Didn't have much time so I installed it and played about 20 minutes. I started up a custom game as Churchill (trying out that charismatic trait), and built The Great Wall. Playing against 3 other civs on a small map. So far I've encountered the Vikings and established good relations with them. Built my first trireme and sent it out to explore.

I brought the manual to work with me this morning (it's been slow...for a change) and will look up some info on the Warlord. Very interested in this expansion pack.

I played at normal speed, and I noticed when going to the military advisor screen that the counter for the great general was off. I was playing the persians and I expected the first general to appear at 10 and than the next one after 30 xp (after the counter being reset). None of the wonders help to spawn great generals. Charasmatic is the a complete warmongering trait. Fighting barbs I got 3 promotions. I had level 7 unit and on my way to level 8 before launching the space ship. The vasal thing is great. AIs will capatualate if they are being beaten and/or you are much more powerfull than them when at war. Also your vasals will vote for you in a diplomatic victory vote even if they hate you. You can trade for any resource that your vasals have even if they only have one. I was nice and I would trade. for example their only sheep for a health resource that I had more than one of. Also when someone is your vasal you can see what they are researching and how far along they are. This information appears next to their names on the score list on the bottom right of the interface. I really did not pay attention to see if I got the wonder benefits of my vasal states. Also the drill 3 and 4 are very powerfull. I took a city and the AI through cats at my defender but he did not suffer any collateral damage. I cannot think of anything else right now.

So there are different menus for different scenarios? Please post screenies. Now.

do the immortals enjoy their traditional 50% vs archer + 100% vs. axe?? is their a different unit for persians now?

oh great, at least they tried to fix that odd, inacurate unit. now the lets talk about that turban...

Just got my copy. Probably should have waited until it went down in price a bit, but seeing as playing civ is what I do as a substitute for going out and renting videos or hitting the pub it's saved me money in the long run ;)

I look forward to posting my thoughts :)

Top Bottom