I have a question about religion?

cman2010

King
I just started a game of gods and kings last night (as a confirmed vanilla civ 5 hater, im pretty impressed so far)and I founded a religion now it says I can spread it how do I do that I dont see a way to generate missionary's will I unlock them latter? also my capitol has the religion but it looks like my citys dont how do I get them to adopt it.

Thanks

600 faith points per missionary, the option I think pops up when you have spare points. Just from reading the info in game, not sure on the auto pop, but the faith is 600, to be clear this is on Huge/Marathon, it may be lower on the faster settings.

It's 200 faith on normal speed. You can buy missionary with faith in cities, just like buying other units with gold.

OK do I need to use them to spread the religion to my citys? also can I use them to spread the religion to other civs?

Religion does spread on it's own in a 10-tile radius (or 13 with the proper belief), but to speed it up you can use a missionary if you want, but it's not necessary.

It increases with every age by 100 faith in cost.
I'm not sure if that's how the increase goes. isn't it a doubling in cost per era? Or something like that?

Huge, Epic, Medieval Age missionaries going for 300 faith, built the Mosque of Djenne and I get them at 240. It does go up 100 each age I think. Great prophets increase quite a bit with each GP popped. Buying Missionaries and buildings use the same points you get GPs with, so it's a decision how to use your points. Right now in game, I'm earning 132 Faith per turn. Chose benefits that help spread religion. One; Religious Texts, spread 34% faster, 62% after researching the printing press.
Religion does seem to modify influence drop with CSs. If my allied CSs have my religion, my influence rate drops at 0%, (playing as Alex though, and unlocked Patronage)

Top Bottom