I lost a project half way through?

CivNoob

Chieftain
Hey all,

I was rolling on King level yesterday, on my way to the Manhattan Project and was going to use that to decimate one of the two remaining AI's that I hadn't conquered yet (was pretty excited as many of you know I was having a hard time making the jump from Warlord to King), and all of a sudden one turn I had 29 turns left to the nuke, and the next the project ended?

Only thing I can think of is, I'd lost two cities on that turn to those pesky Zulu's so maybe I lost a great thinker that gave me the rush to a specific technology?

How does that work? I was pretty peeved...proceeded to get zombie stomped thereafter! :( Oh well, lasted longer than I ever had, and am making progress...

Cheers,

Mark

Half of what you said makes no sense.
My guess is that someone else built the Manhattan Project

Well Homan...what half of what I said makes no sense?

I don't really know that I said more than one thing, so I'm a bit confused as to why you're confused.

I started the Manhattan Project, and half way through, it ended. Why? That's my question...there isn't two parts.

Cheers,

Mark

so maybe I lost a great thinker that gave me the rush to a specific technology?

Hey mate ;) this is the bit that caught me offguard.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say here?

If you use a great scientist to discover a technology, you won't unlearn that technology even if you lose the great scientist (which I don't think is possible because if memory serves, they get consumed when they give you an instant tech?)

The reason you stopped working on the Manhattan project is the AI beat you to it and completed the project before you did. Since there can only be one Manhattan project per game, once theirs is completed before you, your out of luck.

Sounds like your making progress though. Keep it up. :goodjob:

Oh, I was just trying to sumise why I might have lost the chance at the tech halfway through...I thought it was because the only thing that changed from one turn to the next was that I lost two cities...

In one of those cities I know I had a great person and he 'might' have been the one I used to rush the Nuclear tech...wasn't sure if becuase I might have lost him, I therefore lost the tech that I rushed, and my project ended?

Now, the fact that someone built it first could have been it too...I don't remember if that next turn I was notified that someone else had built it or not?

It was very strange...and killed my game as I was counting on wiping out the Zulu's at the same time as wrapping up the other civ...

In any event, it's the first time that happened to me, so I was trying to figure out why it happened, in hopes of stopping that nonsense in the future! :)

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Endure,

Looks like you, Bona, and Homan hit it on the head then...that must have been the case...Damned Zulu's! :)

I don't know if I'd say 'progress' persay, baby steps ya know...

Thanks to all as always...

Cheers,

Mark

Oh, I was just trying to sumise why I might have lost the chance at the tech halfway through...I thought it was because the only thing that changed from one turn to the next was that I lost two cities...

In one of those cities I know I had a great person and he 'might' have been the one I used to rush the Nuclear tech...wasn't sure if becuase I might have lost him, I therefore lost the tech that I rushed, and my project ended?

Hey again.

I think you're mixing up the technology that allows you to build the manhattan project with the wonder "manhattan project" itself.

First of all, once you research a tech. you can't unlearn it.
Secondly a great scientist can be used for two purposes:

1) Settle in a city and increase that city's science production by 50%

2) instantly complete the current technology you're researching.

Hence if you had a scientist settled in a city, then it definitely wasn't used to instantly get a tech.
If you use a scientist to get a technology, that scientist will disappear and you get that tech. You do NOT keep the scientist which you must keep alive or you will lose the tech - as said before, once u get a tech you can't unlearn it.

The "Manhattan Project" is considered a great wonder of the world; this means that like the pyramids or hanging gardens only one person can make it and its a race to see who can complete it first - once a person has completed it then all other cities will stop making the wonder.

Top Bottom