I miss Cruise Missiles and Paratroopers. I just DO!

Dearmad

Dead weight
Waaah! :(

I just liked those inefficient but fun units! Landing my troopers behind enemy lines, trying to hold a jungle hill against all odds... "How did we get here Sarge!?!? HOW!?!?" "I dunno son, I followed orders... they said the tanks would come save our butts soon though... just hold on!!!" The tanks get bogged down and never arrive... WAAAAAAH!

Cruise missile a critical target, and not quite take it out, and thinking about tax payers millions wasted on that damned missile!

I miss those tales!!!

I shamefully admit I miss cruise missiles.

Never cared for paratroopers though.

Maybe a cruise missile improvement similar to silos would be nice, if cruise missiles have a range of @8.

Yes! Yes! Yes! So much.

I also miss civ 4's Marines, explorers and grenadiers. And, also, 5's XCOM. paratrooper > XCOM was a fantastic line of unit, not hugely practical but a lot of fun! would be great to see them brought back as a aerodrome trained unit. And Marines, too, who unlock on the culture tree around mobilization and upgrade to RoboSuit Marine 2020 around about Rapid Deployment.

Yes! Yes! Yes! So much.

I also miss civ 4's Marines, explorers and grenadiers. And, also, 5's XCOM. paratrooper > XCOM was a fantastic line of unit, not hugely practical but a lot of fun! would be great to see them brought back as a aerodrome trained unit. And Marines, too, who unlock on the culture tree around mobilization and upgrade to RoboSuit Marine 2020 around about Rapid Deployment.
Actually the XCOM unit was extremely practical in Civ5. The ability to get into battle zone in one turn (well, two turns) was amazing. Need to capture the last capital to get domination victory, but the capital is behind 10 enemy cities and it would be boring to either go around or go through those cities? Just send XCOM units directly there...
I used to use XCOM for this kind of purposes very often.

Ax men, Riflemen,Grenadiers (with a lot of promotions throwing weird multi grenade things quickly), Marines, Navy Seals for America, paratroopers and ski troopers too. Miss them all.

I shamefully admit I miss cruise missiles.

Never cared for paratroopers though.

Maybe a cruise missile improvement similar to silos would be nice, if cruise missiles have a range of @8.

Other way around for me. Love paratroopers (and the xcom squads) during blitzkriegs, easy to get in place to guard cities I just conquered while the tanks move on.
Don't think I ever build a cruise missile.

Ax men, Riflemen,Grenadiers (with a lot of promotions throwing weird multi grenade things quickly), Marines, Navy Seals for America, paratroopers and ski troopers too. Miss them all.
Civ5 in the end had MUCH more units than after release, so I hope Civ6 will also get some large datadiscs with expanded technology tree and more units.

I hope they expand Civ 6 soon because Ive gotten completely bored of it and haven't played it for ages. The screen is just too messy. They're aren't enough units - musketman to modern infantry is just ridiculous for instance. Hurry up Firaxis!

Given the advancement of fortifications in general in CIV6 I would love to see Paratroopers make a reappearance. Loved the graphics and such ...wished they had more distance, however.

They are fun but how much fighting does anyone do in the later stages of civ 6? Hell, civ 5 for that matter? The AI end-game is awful, you only need to attack them if you are going for domination (and domination victories are rolling well before then)

That is on any level of difficulty. You either lose early or just win by default, just about. Space race is only thing they can do. So I guess paratroopers landing on their spaceports could be cool but with how poorly they defend, you can just run tanks onto them just as easily.

I'd imagine a lot are coming in the first expansion. Which may be a war themed expansion. Hopefully we won't have to wait for a 2nd expansion (assuming the 1st expansion is peaceful themed). I don't miss Xcom or GDR, I felt like those units were a bit too silly for Civ series. I don't mind futuristic units, but those 2 were ridiculous. In fact, I'd like to see Civ move into a future era. Most of them don't because of the way the victory conditions are set up. But I can dream. While I didn't care for CTP games, they did take that step into the future (at least the 2nd one did to my recollection).

I do miss loading up all my missile cruisers with missiles. I almost never used them, but they felt incomplete if they had open slots. So I made an effort to fill the open slots. Same with submarines.

We are of course "missing" a lot of units which I expect to be filled in with expansions. Something between catapults and bombars, something between musketmen and infantry, perhaps a couple more naval units. I'd like to see a whole new cruiser line. But doubtful they will do that, as they seemed so focused on upgrade paths, which means there is no ancient times variant of a cruiser. I feel we need another light and heavy cavalry unit. Horses to Cavalry is too big of a gap. Same thing with knights to tanks.

I'd imagine a lot are coming in the first expansion. Which may be a war themed expansion. Hopefully we won't have to wait for a 2nd expansion (assuming the 1st expansion is peaceful themed). I don't miss Xcom or GDR, I felt like those units were a bit too silly for Civ series. I don't mind futuristic units, but those 2 were ridiculous. In fact, I'd like to see Civ move into a future era. Most of them don't because of the way the victory conditions are set up. But I can dream. While I didn't care for CTP games, they did take that step into the future (at least the 2nd one did to my recollection).

I do miss loading up all my missile cruisers with missiles. I almost never used them, but they felt incomplete if they had open slots. So I made an effort to fill the open slots. Same with submarines.

We are of course "missing" a lot of units which I expect to be filled in with expansions. Something between catapults and bombars, something between musketmen and infantry, perhaps a couple more naval units. I'd like to see a whole new cruiser line. But doubtful they will do that, as they seemed so focused on upgrade paths, which means there is no ancient times variant of a cruiser. I feel we need another light and heavy cavalry unit. Horses to Cavalry is too big of a gap. Same thing with knights to tanks.

The MOAR units mod is great with extra units. Don’t know if you have looked into it.

The Deutschland mod has a lot of those filled in.
Politically Incorrect to say the least, and all the unit names are in German.

it's also a seriously OP civ based on a buncha stuff, but does show there is room to add more units.

Top Bottom