I think a new patch/update was just released!

Just a few moments ago at the time of writing this post I got a message from STEAM that said "Civ 5 just finished downloading". Surely this means a new update just got released?

I wander what it is this time:w00t:

I'd love it if they posted an announcement, like other games on Steam do, that gives the details of patches, even if they are very small and seemingly insignificant ones.

That is, unless they do and I'm just missing where it is. It's definitely not on the "News" page for the game, where logic would dictate it would be.

But yeah, I got the same little message.

:)

Patch notes people... patch notes!

What is up with 2k and Firaxis being so secretive about these updates?

You just go to the news section for 99% of the games on Steam for detailed changelogs, but nope not for Civ V.

The good thing is they've put out 2 patches already in a few days (or within a week if you're American).

Go Fireaxis, and keep 'em coming! :)

(And those patch notes too, please! You know how we, the community, are nitpickers and want to know everything about everything? ;) )

I have the impression that the city automation works better e.g. that focusing on production really maximizes production. Before I would often get maximum production when selecting food instead of production.

I'm not used to quiet little patches for a Civ game. With some of the little bugs and issues I can see why they'd like to pump them out as they fix them.

I hope they go back to nice big patches with some little enhancements here and there like past Civ games.

Any idea what it fixed?

from steam under Civ5 news

Spoiler :
Modding - Installer and permissions fixes. Should address any
remaining mod download and install issues.
Full screen crash fix. Game will now restart in Windowed mode if
it cannot find a suitable full-screen resolution on first start.
Hall of Fame now records data correctly when using a Windows
username with special characters.
Deal expiration fixes.
Fix for Puppet State production exploit.
Misc crash fixes.

Yeh patch is 26mb, no patch notes yet

Yeh patch is 26mb, no patch notes yet

What mattpilot said. Patch notes is on Steam.

Updates to Sid Meier's Civilization V have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Modding - Installer and permissions fixes. Should address any
remaining mod download and install issues.
Full screen crash fix. Game will now restart in Windowed mode if
it cannot find a suitable full-screen resolution on first start.
Hall of Fame now records data correctly when using a Windows
username with special characters.
Deal expiration fixes.
Fix for Puppet State production exploit.
Misc crash fixes.

Here comes the beginning of a thousand of patches in the next upcoming months! They should have postponed the release of this game.

Top Bottom