I wanted to make a Civ3 story for awhile..So here is...

werdhertz

I speak Canadianese
I settled Madrid next to a short river nestled in between 2 hill tops.
It was not the most fertile soil my settlers had ever seen, but a short
distance to the North they spotted many steamy pots of Incense that would serve well to make our future citizens happy.

Our warrior scouts soon discovered a good spot to settle another colony and too grow our fledgling civilization. To my
East there was a pasture of wild cows along a coast line swimming with fish.
Barcelona was created with the first minor settlements in 2850 BC!

It wasnt long before my forward scouts discovered the first signs of ancient
settlement to my North... Egyptians! Well, i guess i wasnt alone on this desolate
planet after all! After chatting with their Queen, Cleopatra, we decided to have
her engineers meet with my scholars, and she taught us Masonry for our Alphabet.
I guess the Egyptians will be speaking our own language now. That can only
serve to bring our civilizations closer together.

Ah! Another break through! My advisors had told me to send my scouts to the south,
to scramble & chop their ways through the deep Jungle that covered that area,
but I, with my far greater intellect, stood by my decision to explore further Eastwards
where the most fertile land seemed to be. My scouts soon came across a settlement
of Carthaginians in that direction, and i agreed to meet with their arrogant leader,
Hannibal. I was impressed by the site of his strong and noble archers, but not
impressed enough to teach his small nation the art of pottery for their secrets of the bow.

The going is rough in this strange land. My advisors have been in a constant state
of arguement of whether we should expand East, to the fertile grasslands near Carthage,
or North on the plains towards Egypt. There are even a few who would prefer to expand to
the South, through the festering jungles. They say that the jungle holds a source of Dyes
that could be very valuable to us in the future.

To hell with them all, i said, and sent off a small band of settlers to the WEST and founded
Seville on fertile grasslands that are squeezed between barren plains and festering jungle
land. This move successfully cut off any possibility for an enemy nation (or friendly for that matter)
to move South, into the jungle territory, or North, into the plains near Egypt. Think things
through better next time my advisors, or there will not BE a next time!

We have discovered another civilisation! Our most distant scouts made contact with the Romans
in 1830 BC. We do not have enough reliable intelligence to comment on their strengths and weaknesses yet,
but they had mastered the power of a new form of rock called 'Iron' that we have never seen before.
We sent our best engineers, pottery workers, and scholars off to the distant capital city of Rome
in exchange for this strange but wonderous ability to harness the power of Iron. The Roman nation
is at a far enough distance as to not concern us at the moment, but if they have had the knowledge
of this Iron for some time now who knows what they have learned to do with it....

Our warrior scouts have finished explorering our southern jungle lands and it is has been made
certain that they will eventually become settled, and part of the young Spanish nation. This
is good news, as it gives our civilisation plenty of room to grow safely. The only negative
that can come from this is it will tie up our worker groups for many years clearing the thick and dense jungle.

Bah! The filthy, dirty, no-good Carthaginian people have declared war upon us! That arrogant
Hannibal thinks he can just DEMAND concessions from the Spanish nation! He thinks we will
give in to his outrageous demands! Well, he thinks wrong. Our country does not have our military in place,
so there will have to be a mad scramble to get them to the Eastern front, and not let Toledo,
our newest colony, fall into the bloody Carthaganian hands!

The Numidian Mercenarys are invincible! After wasteing so many of our young warriors to their
wooden spears, my advisors have come up with a new strategy. A new form of war that we have dubbed
'Guerilla Warfare' will be our method. We cannot overcome their city defences, so our warriors
will quickly dash into the hostile territory, and pillage all land improvements. Even if we take nothing
this will impede all Carthaginian progress for the future!

Update - In the midst of our war with Carthage, one of our scouts came across an ancient Korean city.
The Koreans are a very backwards people, and at a far enough distance as to not bother with right now.
My advisors and I continue to discuss our situation.

Barcelona has completed the Colussus and entered our great civilization into a Golden Age! This will
help immensely in our war with Carthage! They have not succeeded to insert forces within our borders yet,
but we know it is only a matter of time, and when they do, i am afraid we are not sure if we will be able
to with-stand the brute force of the Carthaginian might. The advisors are meeting with me daily.

Our nation is struggling...The Romans, using their strength in arms, have demanded concessions from us,
and it would be fool-hardy to resist. We must end this war with Carthage quickly and construct
a disciplined military from the ground up!

There is Peace! After many years of fighting, we and Carthaginians have signed a treaty. But it did
not come cheaply. They demanded many gold and gems from the Spanish people. This will not be
forgotten. We will see the capital of Carthage burnt to the ground or we will die trying.

After the war i met with our military advisors and we sat down for a talk. It was decided, after
a large debate, that we should train an elite group of horse back riding 'Horsemen'. These
Horsemen would be given the finest horses we have ever seen, the newly tamed 'Horses of Santiago'.
We have yet to discover Iron within our nations territory, but our scouts have spotted a grouping
of it just outside our borders, and we may send a band of settlers to colonize the area.

Alas, the Romans have taken our only possible source of Iron... a very sad day for our nation.

Mark this year, 530 BC, our first Horseman has been trained and sent off to patrol the borders.

Hannibal continues to demand concessions from us! This man will be MADE to pay dearly for his
insolence! I hope he considers our nations stealing of us his spices directly out from under his nose
a complete slap in the face.

The years now reach the ADs and our nation has grown considerably in size and might since our
scuffle with the Carthaginians. We have signed a land-mark deal with Hannibal, and have secured Iron,
for 20 turns, from our greatest enemy. Barcelona, our most magnificent city is producing the Great Library after having completed the Colussus.
Our elite Horsemen of Santiago have grown to the number of 900 spears strong and are spilling over with new recruits.
With a source of Iron, we can also begin building Swordsman. We have an innumerable
amount of luxury resources for our citizens, and for trade. At first, the outlook was bleak for our
little civilization as it huddled underneath the shadow of Carthage, but now, now we can look
on to the future standing tall. The Carthaginians will eventually be brought to their knees by us,
but little do they know.....

The current condition of the western empire....

The current state of the eastern empire.....

Difficulty: Regent
Map Size: Standard
Civilization: Spain
Everything else is random.

It is time to continue! The year is 30 BC, where we left off last, and the map of the known world currently
looks like this...

Our nation flourishes. Barcelona continues its progress on the Great Library, new settlers
continue to colonize new soil, and population is multiplying rapidly. Then, out of the blue,
our friends of almost 4000 years, the Egyptians, demand to know of our gods. i am so shocked that i refuse them this,
and they declare war. Must our budding civilization continue to be caught up in the turmoil
of war? Ah, but this time we are better prepared than we were in the war with Carthage.
Our Horsemen of Santiago have been training constantly over the years, and now they will finally
see the field of battle!

A small detachment of our forces have clashed with an Egyptian unit called the 'War Chariot'.
After putting up a small fight, the Egyptian forces defeated them and entered our borders.
The war has now come home.

Our elite Horsemen Of Santiago assaulted the nearby Egyptian city of Byblos which controls a resource
of Insence, and met with strong resistence. The Horsemen themselves met with few casualities, as
they have been trained in the ability of retreat while in the midst of battle.

Disaster strikes! The Horsemen have been utterly defeated and destroyed! The Egyptian War Chariots
moved on and captured Toledo from us! We MUST regain it as it is the link from Carthage to Madrid
in our Iron dealing.

The Egyptians relentlisly assault the fortifications of Pamplona and Santiago. We still have not re-taken
Toledo. If this kind of battering continues.... I fear the worst.

They know no compassion! They have burnt Pamplona and Santiago to the ground! The once mighty and flourishing
town of Santiago, where the Horsemen were born, utterly destroyed and razed... Our people are beggining to panic as the Egyptians
begin to make incursions into our territory near Madrid.

190 AD - Murcia captured, and burnt to the ground.

Our people want peace, and im afraid we NEED peace... If the war continues like this, our whole civilization will be
irradicated. But for peace, the Egyptians demand Seville... we must give it to them.

The war is over, peace is known throughout our country. We have lost much. Murcia, Santiago, Pamplona are
no more, and Seville was given to the Egyptians for peace. Valencia is now the only settlement
that still exists in what was once the eastern empire. The Egyptians completed the Great Library just
before us, so we transported the wood, iron, and clay, to the foundations of the Great Lighthouse.

We have erected the settlement of Santander near the ruins of Pamplona. We are forced to practically
begin our nations growth again from scratch while other, more prosperous countries, such as Carthage,Rome,
and the newly discovered civilizations to the East (India, Aztec, Iroquois) have grown to near full capacity.

We are forming a massive troop build up outside of TOledo for one last gamble... We wish to throw our full
weight (which isnt very much) against our conquered city. If all goes well, and we take it, we may be able
to coax Rome to join our crusade against the evil Egyptians! Surely they have heard about how
the razed our colonies to the ground and murdered the innocent civilians.

It begins! We demanded the Egyptians either leave our territory, or declare war, and knowing how war-like
and evil they are, they attacked! We are sending what few forces we have into Toledo territory.. Let us
pray for deliverance.

A small band of archers have taken down one of theyre mighty War Chariots! Our people rejoice! The
news has spread quickly amongst the people... unfortuntatly, little do they know that every other
offensive group was defeated... This may very well mark the end of our declining civilization.

It appeared to be a long, winding, trail of dust that marched toward Madrid and quickly overran it. From there
they took barcelona, one of the most magnificent cities in the world. The rest was history. We were able to stage
one minor counter-attack against Toledo which was quickly beaten down. Barcelona also uprised against
its conquerers, but i demanded them to abandon the city rather than let the filthy Egyptians
get their hands on it. Eventually, all was lost, and the stragglers who survived the many massacers
snuck across the borders of Carthage to find refuge. So many years had passed since the war with Hannibal
that he even permited them to stay, and live as Carthaginian citizens. The Spanish civilization, as we know it,
ceased to exist.

And thats that! I hope at least someone reads it lol! Wasnt the greatest game, as you can see... I expanded much to slowly, and got eaten up by the big boy Civs...

Werdhertz,

That was really entertaining. I think you have a talent for writing.

i did!:goodjob:

Actually it was pretty cool. I liked the constant wars that stopped your glorious (though unfortunately unsuccessful) armies from taking over the world. The AI can be vicious at times...

I guess noone else liked it
No! No! I won't take that Werdhertz! That was the best story I've read since How we Learned to Love the Panzer , and that was a written a year ago! Please write another one soon from the same perspective, but perhaps one that perhaps goes for a bit longer... :D

Great story! :cool:

Farting Bob, I went to the Nukezone link but I have to register straight away. Could you perhaps give me a better idea of how the game works so I can decide whether to register or not?

Thanks. :)

Top Bottom